• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know the School wants its sports to be know as "USF" but..........

what do you want your school's sports teams to be know as USF or South Florida BULLS  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

both are fine like most schools

usc/southern cal

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  136

I like USF over South Florida.  Here's why.  With USF it takes out the "directional" aspect of our name.  Not too many directional schools in the top 25, or even top 50 for that matter.  You don't see FIU or N Ill, or West Michigan, or North Georgia in the polls very often.  Just my two cents....

And regarding the posters comment about Univ San Fran, that is a small school and I don't think htey ahve football, so that isn't anything I'd worry about.

I kind of prefer South FLorida but both ways are fine by me.

also-- San Francisco did have a football team up until the 50s not to mention their amazing basketball team (and I am just kind of remembering about the football team part-- someone can confirm that)

there is also a USF associated with Univ. of St. Francis I believe.

anyway-- the point to me is that USF/SOuth Florida-- they are equally good. If anything-- USF too often gets mixed up with UCF

• Content Count:  16,308
  • Days Won:  43

S!O!U!T!H! F!L!O!R!I!D!A! SOUTH FLORIDA!! SOUTH FLORIDA!!! GOOOOOOOOO BULLS!!!!!! Enough said!!! Until they change the words to our fight song, I dont mind being called South Florida.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

dude what does it matter! FSU/florida state. USF/south florida. who really cares!

Exactly.  I think a sensitivity to USF or South Florida (even on the administration's behalf) would be wrong.  We are the University of South Florida.  No need to hide from that regardless of what people think about "directional schools", our geographic location, or what not.  Not to be corny or copycat, but we are South Florida.  Period.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

...also-- San Francisco did have a football team up until the 50s not to mention their amazing basketball team (and I am just kind of remembering about the football team part-- someone can confirm that)

there is also a USF associated with Univ. of St. Francis I believe.

anyway-- the point to me is that USF/SOuth Florida-- they are equally good. If anything-- USF too often gets mixed up with UCF

Do a query on USF and you'll also get the University of Sioux Falls....

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Not too many directional schools in the top 25, or even top 50 for that matter.  You don't see FIU ... in the polls very often. 

What direction is the "I" in FIU pointing to?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF Bulls sounds good to meh!

• Content Count:  2,511

both are fine like most schools

usc/southern cal

Is USC a directional school?  ???

No one from that school or fans of that school care that they have a direction in their name.  It sure did not prevent them from getting the national championship crown.

:deadhorse

• Content Count:  2,511

Not too many directional schools in the top 25, or even top 50 for that matter.  You don't see FIU ... in the polls very often. 

What direction is the "I" in FIU pointing to?

That's a tough one.  "I" = International, and Miami is known for its Hispanic culture, so does it refer to Cuba, Mexico, South America, etc.?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

also-- San Francisco did have a football team up until the 50s [glow=yellow,2,300]not to mention their amazing basketball team [/glow]

Yeah, I got really excited that I had spotted a Bobby Russell hoops jersey over on I-Drive in Orlando last year until I realized which "USF" it was ....

Archived