• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Superstitions...

mutt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

wake up turn on College Gameday if i'm not at services, shower and shave a few hours before each game, had more when i was down in Tampa, now its just those two things.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Bubbles and Mutt,  When my daughter was three and attending the BULLS games it was cute watching her do push-ups, or the guys around us pressing her on td's. She'd dress-up back then. I hope you guys document yours growing up as a BULL. I promise, as crazy as Mutt is the memories will be unBULLievable.  Mines 13 now.

Back on track, I have my special game day hat. Oh, and a couple of balloons.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  7,890

While looking at another thread, and seeing MG on the TV talking about superstitions, It made me think what I do personally to help ensure a BULLS victory.  Truthfully, I think superstitions are stupid and I don't ever apply them to any part of my life except for football. I gotta admit, this is a silly list, but I was wondering what other people do as well.

I shower with a green shower gel that I nicknamed "Gameday soap" (while singing in the shower)

I iron the Iconic U on my lucky boxer shorts (one of 4 pairs)

I replaced my shoelaces with green ones

I wear my jersey, horn helmet and take my cowbell to EVERY game

and for some reason, I type at least three periods somewhere in every BullsPen post.

Yes, I'm a sick and twisted individual[glow=red,2,300]...[/glow]    But hey, whatever works...  sue me.      And GO BULLS!!!

First let me clarify, Mutt has more than 4 pairs of boxers!  And yes, he has more than 4 pairs of BULLS boxers.  However, there are 4 distinct pairs he wears on game day and each one has a meaning.  For example, the thin light green and white lines represent the close bond of the offense.  The bold dark green, gold, and white lines represent the toughness of the defense, etc...

Also about Mutt singing in the shower, he's actually singing the "Game Day Soap Song"!!!

My superstition/tradition for every game day is to watch my idiotic husband do ridiculous things and then laugh at him!!! :ROFLMAO

wow you and my wife have the superstition/tradition ;)

and thanks now we can all say we know what kind on underwear Mutt has on :o

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I wear a tacky brown cowhide/canvas USF Bulls belt that I found in a thrift store for 0.99 cents to almost every game since I found it... and we're undefeated in each game that I've worn it.

ALMOST every game??? ........... WTH?

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I wear a tacky brown cowhide/canvas USF Bulls belt that I found in a thrift store for 0.99 cents to almost every game since I found it... and we're undefeated in each game that I've worn it.

I haven't had it that long, ****... ease up.  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I haven't had it that long, ****... ease up.   ;D

I firmly believe that clothing Karma is a determining factor in most sporting events ....

• Content Count:  115

This is the first year I have rolled with any, and one is becoming an issue.  I decided to go with a playoff beard week one of the season, and as we now approach week four counting the bye, the beard is a patchy mess.  There is however no way this thing is being shaved until we A) lose a game or B) Win a January bowl.  If the latter happens first, I have a feeling I will have the worlds patchiest, nastiest beard heading into next season.  The only other superstition I have is I refuse to wear the shirt I had on for the Kansas game last year.  The way I look at it the shirt had to be a fault for that performance... FYI the shirt unfortunately made its way out of the closet for the Cinci debacle... My boys recommended a ceremonial burning of the shirt after that game.     

• Content Count:  7,890

This is the first year I have rolled with any, and one is becoming an issue.  I decided to go with a playoff beard week one of the season, and as we now approach week four counting the bye, the beard is a patchy mess.  There is however no way this thing is being shaved until we A) lose a game or B) Win a January bowl.  If the latter happens first, I have a feeling I will have the worlds patchiest, nastiest beard heading into next season.  The only other superstition I have is I refuse to wear the shirt I had on for the Kansas game last year.  The way I look at it the shirt had to be a fault for that performance... FYI the shirt unfortunately made its way out of the closet for the Cinci debacle... My boys recommended a ceremonial burning of the shirt after that game.     

Dont you guy burn something from the other team every week

• Content Count:  115

That tradition has been saved for only UCF thus far.... We planned to continue it on the road at AU; however, their fans were far to gracious for us to extend that disrespectful act to them.  Seriously great group of fans in that town.  Count on a UCiF hat going up in a blaze of glory come October 13.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I wear the same jersey that I got my freshman year, same jean shorts, same hat for every game (even when just watching on tv). I also have a pair of USF boxers that my gf got me last year, that I DO NOT wear on game day. I wore them for the Rutgers game and we lost, than forgot to wear them for the UNC game and we won, therefore I do not wear them on game day ever.

Archived