• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I committed yesterday to South Florida

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The scout or rivals information on who has offeered is not always accurate.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Joe I think they are talking about Stirrups.  Yes, he will be a Pearl grad in '09.

As far as Jemarcus Allen, I've said all along he would not be a part of this class.  Saw him at the championship game last wekend and he's too short..if he ends up in this class it's bad news because he's not even on the board.  The staff would have to lose out on about 6-7 others before they take Allen.

Josh Newberg

Really?  Too short?  That's hardly a good reason.

He's a 5'11" 250 pound DT.  Notwithstanding that he is a 3-star on rivals, he is not as intriguing as others out there.  To me, the DT prospect I am most excited about is Kyrhi Thornton out of Panama Bay.  At 6'4" and 290 he also played FB, which should tell you how athletic he is.

Hey Sanjay, just so you don't sound silly when talking about Thornton, I played sports in that area and Bay was our biggest rival.  When referring to them, they are not "Panama Bay".  They are Bay High School from Panama City.  If we're recruiting that area, I'm surprised we're not finding any kids from there from my alma mater which is Rutherford High School (Springfield) or the other schools which are decent at times in that area like Mosely.

Loads of talent from there.  Will Witherspoon who I was good friends with graduated from Rutherford and you may remember him from his playing time at UGA and he's with the Rams in the NFL now.  Tons of athletic freaks like that in that area and it goes unrecruited bc folks concentrate on Tally and Pensacola.  There was a string of years there where RHS was playing heads up with Lakeland and St Thomas for titles when Harden was coaching so that tells you what kind of talents they had.  Mainly at RB and on defense is where their strengths were.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Ruger, just typed it shorthand.  Did not think it would confuse anyone, but you are right.

I think we have recruited kids from Chocowatchee (Craig Marshall and Andrew Ketchel), Monticello (Carlton Hill)and Mayo (Marcus Edwards)which are all in the panhandle.  We have 3-4 from Pensacola of course, and a few from Tallahassee as well.  It is a good area for us, but we can do better because Auburn and Bama still get the kids they want out of there.

Archived