• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope our students never ever act like this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Last year, my friend used a porter potty near where some UCF fans were tailgating, when he walked out, he received an uninstagated punch in the eye from a UCF fan

lol I remember that.  Poor Gregg =/

Yea, for real.  Took some real restraint from Gregg not to do anything back to that guy.  Then again, the hoard of UCF fans in the area probably deterred him.

Gotta remember the 300 Spartans!!!

Thanks for the visual. I'm just picturing that movie with USF being the Spartans and UCF being the enemy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Last year, my friend used a porter potty near where some UCF fans were tailgating, when he walked out, he received an uninstagated punch in the eye from a UCF fan

Yea, for real.  Took some real restraint from Gregg not to do anything back to that guy.  Then again, the hoard of UCF fans in the area probably deterred him.

Thanks for the visual. I'm just picturing that movie with USF being the Spartans and UCF being the enemy.

You know the Spartans all got killed, right?

• Content Count:  1,165

You know the Spartans all got killed, right?

Yea, and that probably would have happened at the Citrus Bowl if we were to get into it, but not before taking out loads of them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

I've been to every game since I started going to school here. That includes basketball, soccer and baseball. Not much on the last three since sometimes class would be in the way, but I love my bulls and I am not even from florida. I've lived all my life in Jersey and came to school down here. Now because I may be rude sometimes to other fans from other teams, I am less than you? I am of a lesser class than you? My parents are Jerks? After the Auburn game when we were trying to find our car, one of my buddies got tackled by an Auburn fan. Yeah... pretty classy right. I probably not making any sense but all I know is that I love my school and when other fans from other schools talk ****, Im gonna talk **** back because I am proud of being a USF bull.

Nice rant, but unwarranted. The scenarios here are not refering to retaliatory type outbursts but are talking about where fans, totally unprovoked, verbally attack or whatever fans of the other team for no reason other than they are fans of the other team..... THAT is classless.

• Content Count:  639

Here's a post(on our board) from a LSU fan living in Orlando that visited and observed our tailgating. It puts everything in perspective. People will criticize and quite frankly I want to make our campus stadium a place no one wants to be at as an opposing fan as long as the line is not crossed w/ physical altercations and f-bombs.

LSU '80 alumni here just getting on board the UCF train since I live in Orlando and love college football. I rolled in about and hour-and-a-half before the game and was amazed at the amount of tailgating going on. Being from LSU, I like to think I've done some tailgating, and I'll tell you what, UCF has it going on! Great atmosphere! And when you get right down to it, what's a football game other than an excuse to party with 50,000 of your closest friends?

Now about that classless fans thing. I've read some posts on this board with people all up in arms about it. Again, LSU Class of '80 talking here. If a little cussing and fighting bothers you, do not under any circumstances go anywhere near Baton Rouge on a football Saturday night. The same thing can be said about any school in the SEC. OK, maybe not Vanderbilt, but come on, they're friggin Vanderbilt. That's called college football in the South. Put 85,000 Cajuns and Coon Asses in one place for eight hours and add alcohol and well, you do the math. I've been to every other stadium in the SEC and it's exactly the same way - except for Vanderbilt. I actually got into a fight in Athens back in the 90's. It happens. Who cares? It's college football, baby!! Again, this whole thing is just one big party and what good party have you ever been to where some idiot doesn't do something stupid? Look at it this way - it gives you something to talk about on Monday.

By the way, I've included a link below to illustrate how LSU fans know it's time to wrap up the tailgating and head into the stadium. When the Tiger Band runs down the hill into Death Valley, it's last call. Maybe UCF's band could do something like that. Just a suggestion. Start at the Student Center (I think it's called) and march right down the sidewalk through the Memory Lawn to the stadium. At LSU, we all get behind the band and roll into the stadium. It's a blast and something we really look forward to as you can tell from the video linked below. It's college football, baby - ain't nothing like it. Welcome to it UCF. You're finally there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PSx17ZZxwaY&mode=related&search=

• Content Count:  849

i think our fans and students should model themselves after auburn fans they were really hospitable even after a loss (which i dont expect to happen to us)

but it really sucks to see our school get a bad rep because of  some drunken idiot

Oh you mean throw bottles at players after their team loses. Matt Grothe and Mike Jenkins were both pretty upset about that.

• Content Count:  385

i used to work all kinds of college football games and I remember my team and I hated working UCF games because of the fans.  From my limited expereince I have always seen UCF fans as the worst.  And yes I have worked UF, FSU, Miami, Georiga Southern, Georiga tech, etc. games. 

However, there are jerks in every crowd.

• Content Count:  1,066

It's simple...You can tell who the @$$hole is and who is not.....Just ignore the @$$holes and talk good game stats and college football stories with those that are not.

If you ignore the schmucks, then they may just get the hint.

Most importantly, make sure you don't become THAT GUY.

• Content Count:  1,528

don't think for a minute that our students are above doing something like this. Tailgating for the Elon game, I caught a couple of drunken idiot USF students taking a leak on my car tires. Their explanation: the port-o-potty lines were too long. Idiocy knows no boundaries when alcohol is involved.

• Content Count:  12,293

. Their explanation: the port-o-potty lines were too long. Idiocy knows no boundaries when alcohol is involved.

those port-potty lines are long though.  we need to get some more port o potties out in the north lots.

Archived