• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope our students never ever act like this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

a noon kickoff wont make a difference...people that are gonna act an ass will do so no matter what.  i personally would hate a noon kickoff because i wouldnt be able to attend.

when its USF vs UCF there are going to be arrests...deny it if you want but a noon kickoff wont change that;

regardless if its not a rival game from a football stand point, it sure is from a student stand point.  every student who goes to USF knows probably 20-30 students at UCF if not more and vice versa.

trash talking happens all the time.  

20 year olds cant expect 50 year olds to act like 20 year olds and likewise, 50 year olds cant expect 20 year olds to act like 50 year olds.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Sure there will be arrests, but there should be less arrests if the game started at noon. I am hoping for a noon game that will be televised by ESPN2.

why cant we hope for a 7pm game shown on ESPN? 

i dont like the trend of our fans wishing our games get bent around ESPN's schedule.  why cant we have them show our 7pm games?  as the middle tier SEC games that much better?  nope.

UcF vs UsF @7pm.  bring it!

• Content Count:  478

i hate old people and their wanting of everyone to act like they are going to church.

And I hate young punks who think the only way to engage an opposing fan in conversation involves the F word.

Guess what?  There's a happy medium in there somewhere...

that is the most beautiful thing I have read all day. But I would like to add that it is not an age thing - its a class thing. We are a southern state (like it or not) - we should know better. Some of us do and some of us act like they were raised in a barn. Its that simple. I sometimes wonder who these people's parents are. I often find that disrespectful kids have equally disrespectful parents.  Who never taught them to:

Not let the F word be the 1st word of every sentence.

Not destroy other people's property

Not pee on public property or people's clothing.....

Its not that hard.

Just act classy (and if you're not classy then fake it). These things are things that should be taught in the home. These are not fans learning to be fans. This boys will be boys and fans will be fans attitude is ridiculous.

These are just classless people. Period. And they are entitled to freedom of expression. Unfortunately they will be USF graduates and we just have to deal with it. Every school has them and if you don't think so you are lying to yourself. Hopefully the nice respectable people out weigh the losers at our games.

And that is all I am going to say about that.

I would also like to add that being classy does not mean sitting on your hands. Some woman at the bowl game last year told her husband that she was scared of ME!!!!! because I was being loud and trying to get people to stand! It was the last drive of the game for goodness sake!

I turned around and very nicely said - "Just because I am a woman does not mean that I have to sit on my hands! Now stand up!"

She stood up.  ;D

We are a southern state (like it or not) - 

i dont know how much time you have spent in Florida but 75% of the people who live in Florida are NOT from the south or were atleast NOT raised on your sterotypical "sothern" hospitality so you can throw that right out of the window.

people act like fools no matter where they are at.

• Content Count:  1,812

i dont know how much time you have spent in Florida but 75% of the people who live in Florida are NOT from the south or were atleast NOT raised on your sterotypical "sothern" hospitality so you can throw that right out of the window.

I guess we have to go back to the good old days and start smacking people in the mouth when they need it. At last year Rutgers game the guy in front of me brought his Rutgers buddy from here who could not stop being a smuck so he got a quick attitude adjustment  and enjoyed the rest of the game. Not trying to be tough guy here it just seems like the only thing that will work.

PS:  The person who brought this clown posts on here and you know who you are; do not ever do that again or at least police your drunk friend yourself if you bring him. It will save you the embarrassment and him the soiled underwear

i was. my friends were. my family was/is. My family has lived here SIX generations.

I am not going to debate my heritage with you. But you are correct that there are jerks in all 50 states.

my point was that we can't really stop it. people are entitled to act like trash if they so choose. Just make a personal choice to be better and teach your kids to be better. Thats all I was saying.

• Content Count:  1,532

I must say... every time I saw UCiF (I was in the band), we were surrounded by horrible UCiF fans.  I understand a band is a symbol for a university, but their fans were almost violent in many cases.  I felt safer going into the Orange Bowl then the Citrus Bowl! (and if you have been to the Orange Bowl and surrounding community, you know what I am saying)

I only hope that our fans treat everyone else with respect, never get into a drunk rage, or do anything against another school that is uncalled for.  Obvious heckling is allowed... but I hope people can draw a line.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Belle:

I'm 34 years old, I bring my wife and kids to the game... and I stand and scream my flipping head off the entire time.  And, if the occasion presents itself, I show hospitality to those who travel to our games both before and after, win or lose.

You're right... it's not an age thing, it's a class thing.  I understand that we can't control the actions of others... but those of us who are aware of the impact of such behavior definitely should try and set an example.

I appreciate the passion of ALL Bulls fans.  I would hope that as we grow, we act as if we've been there before.  I have faith that we will.

And no peeing on hats... ever.  Except your own.  =)

Matt

Archived