• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ranked No. 23 in AP poll!

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

hey i guess the email campaing to AP voters help or at didnt hurt us

man i great to see us in the rankings now back to reality one game at a time...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

UNC will destroy us!

Use your real name, smazza! ;D

• Content Count:  1,386

For those of us paying attention ... here is a recap of USF's BRIEF History ...

Walk on team started 1996

First game Fall 1997 as a Div I-AA team

2000 Transition year from Div I-AA to Div I-A

2001 - 2002 Div I-A Independent

2003 - 2004 Conference USA

2005 - Present Big East

2005 - First Bowl Game

2006 - First Bowl Victory

September 16, 2007 - First AP/Coaches Poll Ranking

Now if my numbers/memory aren't failing me ...

# of years playing: 10 (technically our 11th season, but we didn't play a game that first year)

# of years as Div I-A: 7

# of ranked opponents beaten: 3 (Louisville, WV & Auburn)

In just 7 short years as a Div I-A team we have gone from Independent to Conference USA to a BCS (Big East) Conference.

In just 7 short years we have scheduled and beaten 3 ranked teams.

In just 7 short years we have made it to TWO bowl games, winning 1 of them.

In just 7 short years we have been ranked as a top 25 team in the country.

Today Bull Fans, Alumni & Students should be standing proud. This is a big day for us and we should enjoy the moment ... pause now ... enjoy it ...

Now let's get back to work ... we have a lot of games still to play. North Carolina, you're up next! :-)

In 2000, USF was still technically I-AA. USF was moving to I-A, but was still listed as I-AA.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

This guy liked us so much, he put us in his Top 25 twice!  =)

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s=4138920eaa63179ac9c91aef03fac8ac&showtopic=40805

1. Oklahoma

Can't go wrong with a team that hasn't scored less than 51 points this season. Defense? Doing just as well. Their competition is falling off a bit, but their intensity isn't. This team is loaded.

2. LSU

Once again, you can put LSU at #1 if you want. I can't argue it. Two shut outs on the year and held Virginia Tech to 7 points. Offense? Scored its lowest total this past week with a meager 44 points. Oh and by the way, if they lose their starting QB, their back up is just as good.

3. USC

Another dominating performance by the Trojans against an OOC opponent. USC has more high quality skill players than any other team in the country. Anybody see that backup linebacker pick up the kick return fumble and run it for 40 yards? The only knock on SC is that their defense, which was supposed to be their strength, allowed 31 points. I don't think USC could handle LSU or Oklahoma by any means.

4. Florida

Uhhh, offense much? If you can think of a way to slow down the Florida offense, please send your ideas to every defensive coordinator in the SEC. Tim Tebow is everything he was hyped up to be. Their defense is athletic but still lacking the experience. I still can't get over 59 points on an SEC defense in an SEC rivalry game. And without more than one offensive starter lost to injuries.

5. West Virginia

Big East defenses are not good enough to win a national championship. However, I can't argue with a team that now has three unstoppable skill players. Noel Devine, true freshman, had 5 carries for 136 yards. They couldn't hand with the top four studs, but I don't think any other team could beat West Virginia.

6. California

Has some serious fire power. Desean Jackson is a heisman candidate but Justin Forsett just might be the team's MVP. 152 yards with three touchdowns helped Cal cruise over LA Tech.

7. Ohio St

Struggled a bit against Washington, but I think Washington is the sleeper that's going to ruin a lot of Pac 10 dreams. Turned it on in the second half, which I think will carry over for the next few weeks.

8. Penn St

Buffalo might as well have been an off week. I think the Nittany Lion pass defense did have an off week. I'm having trouble keeping a team in the top ten when they gave up 337 yards passing to Buffalo. However, Penn St did rack up four passing touchdowns of their own by their senior quarterback.

9. Boston College

What happened Georgia Tech??? Completely dominated? I was excited about GA Tech since the season began but they were shut down by Matt Ryan and the BC defense. Led by a great senior QB, Boston College looks like the team to beat in the ACC.

10. Oregon

It's hard to stop a QB that can throw and run. Ask teams that have played Florida. It's difficult to stop a QB that can simply run. Dennis Dixon completed 70% of his passes. Oregon - the team to beat in the Pac 10?

11. Rutgers

12. Wisconsin

13. Clemson

14. Texas

15. South Carolina

16. Georgia Tech

17. Alabama

18. Texas A&M

19. Georgia

20. Hawaii

21. South Florida

22. Kentucky

23. Louisville

24. South Florida

25. Missouri

• Content Count:  253

We need to continue to take care of busines.  If we drop one to UNC or Uconn, we drop back into mediocrity in the eyes of the pollsters. 

• Content Count:  358

I think we're the second fastest team to start a 1A team and receive a ranking.  I believe Boise State is the fastest.  Anyone know how long it took them?

• Content Count:  3,403

I think we're the second fastest team to start a 1A team and receive a ranking.  I believe Boise State is the fastest.  Anyone know how long it took them?

Boise State beat us by many weeks of polls I believe, but they've had football since before the 70s, I believe.  Surely we're the fastest to be ranked as a program overall.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

124 polls for us, 114 polls for BSU.

Archived