• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ranked No. 23 in AP poll!

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

This is awesome!!

We are the only team besides USC to have played only 2 games and be ranked in the top 25. I dont know why that's significant but it sounds good.

Go Bulls!

~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  849

They are getting better at updating the votes...

[table]

[tr][td]David Jones, Florida Today[/td][td]djones@floridatoday.com[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[/table]

This one surprises me most.

This guy is a real c*nt....he's probably a UCF grad

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:cheers to CJL and the Bulls

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

It's not hard to figure out why App state is getting votes... they are 1) undefeated and 2) beat Michigan and 3) clearly some people think app. state has enough weapons to be ranked with the big boys.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

It's not hard to figure out why App state is getting votes... they are 1) undefeated and 2) beat Michigan and 3) clearly some people think app. state has enough weapons to be ranked with the big boys.

And why would FSU get the same amount of votes ? LOL

• Content Count:  4,642

great time to be a bull!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

but can someone tell me how app st is still recieving votes?

Sheer lunacy...

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

And why would FSU get the same amount of votes ? LOL

True.. I think App. state could take the 'Noles this year. :D

• Content Count:  1,532

They are getting better at updating the votes...

[table]

[tr][td]David Jones, Florida Today[/td][td]djones@floridatoday.com[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[/table]

This one surprises me most.

This guy is a real c*nt....he's probably a UCF grad

David,

How come the Florida Today does not write about them? Very few articles for a team that is in a BCS and only 2 hours from the space coast. I enjoy reading about all the different teams. Like this weekend is going to be an exciting time for UCF. However you guys (FloridaToday) do a horrible job covering USF. Is there anything you can do about this? Why no staff writer to cover them?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I know it's an issue. Trust me, we're all battling the financial, staff size and news hole problems that didn't exist when USF first decided to field a football team. There are so many pro, college and prep teams now that it's an incredible crunch on papers our size -- and even bigger ones.

We are one of four Gannett papers in the state and it is divided into specific beats -- our paper covers Florida, UCF, Auto Racing, the Magic, the Dolphins, a flood of high schools, spring training, etc., etc. The other papers around the state are responsible for their own areas and the college stories at least, for the most part, are shared. For example, the other three papers sometimes use the Gator stories I write.

All the papers have limited staffs, limited funds and we're trying. Our NBA writer, for example, covers UCF -- which is closer -- much of the time. Our NFL writer covers Florida Tech -- which is in Melbourne. Our spring training coverage -- which is in Viera -- came from one of our night editors (no wonder my copy read so bad this spring, right?) who luckily was willing and had great baseball knowledge. Our NASCAR writer has been covering the FSL playoffs. At most papers, you just don't find people that are willing to put in that amount of time. It's a fine staff of dedicated people.

USF, UCF, Florida Atlantic, etc., etc., are issues that we're all trying to figure out right now around the state.

In fairness, I will point out only Tampa and St. Pete have full-time USF beat writers. And you know what? Even they hear it . . . from Miami fans. Neither has a full-time Canes beat writer Think about THAT. Very few papers more than an hour away cover the Bulls. It's an issue I think papers all over the state are trying to find solutions for right now.

David Jones, University of Florida beat writer, FLORIDA TODAY

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=48958

• Content Count:  294

I intentionally didn't log in all day so I wouldn't keep checking. Glad I saw it here first  ;D ... This is awesome! Another milestone for our team and our great school.  Congratulations Bulls and thanks Jim!!!

There's nothing better than being a USF Bull!

Go Bulls! We want the Big East Championship!

Archived