• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF moves two spots on Cbs Sports

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't the Coaches Poll released already at this time last week?  What's the hold up?

• Content Count:  159

It's nice to be on a poll, but (and don't throw me under the bus for this) the CBS poll doesn't have a lot of cred in my book. They are usually off or over-inflated with the exception of the top 5. They dropped Louisville to 22? I know they lost but that's a huge drop, and it isn't as though Kansas is Appalacian State (i.e. a Div I-AA) type opponent. I'm still waiting for the AP & Coaches polls to drop.

Even with that said, it is nice to see SOMEONE giving the Bulls some respect. :-)

• Content Count:  3,574

I'm still waiting for the AP & Coaches polls to drop.

24th in the Coaches

USFan - Yeah, I just saw Jim's other post. You know that's phenomenal, but how the hell did ALL of us miss that? The date on the poll is last week! lol Apparently we need to be more attentive! Also on USA Today they show the AP poll as having "updated" this morning around 4am but that's absolutely not true because nobody has moved (and we all know there are moves to be had).

I am very excited about the Coaches Poll though ... being ranked 24th by the Coaches Poll means more to me than being ranked 16th by CBS. Why you may ask? Simply this ... CBS doesn't play us ... COACHES do ... that's earning respect.

I bleed Green & Gold

• Content Count:  3,574

USFan - Yeah, I just saw Jim's other post. You know that's phenomenal, but how the hell did ALL of us miss that? The date on the poll is last week! lol Apparently we need to be more attentive!

That's because they haven't updated the date... just like how the AP updated the team’s records but not the rankings...

Trust me; this board is the first to know about all USF news...

USFan - Yeah, I just saw Jim's other post. You know that's phenomenal, but how the hell did ALL of us miss that? The date on the poll is last week! lol Apparently we need to be more attentive! Also on USA Today they show the AP poll as having "updated" this morning around 4am but that's absolutely not true because nobody has moved (and we all know there are moves to be had).

I am very excited about the Coaches Poll though ... being ranked 24th by the Coaches Poll means more to me than being ranked 16th by CBS. Why you may ask? Simply this ... CBS doesn't play us ... COACHES do ... that's earning respect.

I bleed Green & Gold

The Coaches Poll is also an official part of the BCS rankings...

The "updated" on pages on various websites for polls that have not changed are usually because the site-owner updates the page with the records with wins and losses.

That's because they haven't updated the date... just like how the AP updated the team’s records but not the rankings...

Trust me; this board is the first to know about all USF news...

Fair enough ... but in that case I need to have a cyber-implant so I can stay in tune with this board 24/7! :-)

Archived