What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Not Good Day for Us or Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

It does not bode well for us or the BE with Louisville and Auburn losing.

A lot of the glitter and value of our victory is diminished.

I don't see us getting into the top 25 this week.

I really hate Auburn now.

We needed them to win.

Now Kentucky, an unranked team may leapfrog over us because they beat the overrated Brohm.

• Content Count:  349

I don't know that Brohm is overrated. The UofL Offense is still very very good... it's just that their D sucks so bad, that any team with a mediocre offense and a fairly good Defense that cane keep Brohm's offense in check, has a good shot at winning... from what I'm hearing from Card fans on another forum, UofL lost the game because of a stupid defensive screw up, where no one moved out to cover a receiver and he ran uncovered for 50 something yards for a TD to pull them ahead. And KY was on a 3rd and 15 after a big penalty...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,880
  • Days Won:  28

All we can control is who we beat.

Beat UNC !

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  4,441
  • Days Won:  10

We will be the 2007 Big East Champions.  One game at a time, we will knock them down until we are at the top.  We won't face any teams that for certain will beat us.  We can only beat ourselves and I don't see that happening.  Louisville was the team I was worried about, but they showed that they are not invincible.  So -- one game at a time.  Every game -- FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  695

I was upset about Auburn losing too, but USF still made the top 25 so obviously the coaches still think USF is a good team. If the Bulls win all 12 games, they will definitely be in the top 5. I don't know if they can make the national title game after starting the season unranked unless a lot of teams lose, and some teams lose twice but as long as they keep winning they will keep moving up no matter how bad the Big East or Auburn looks.

With that said though, Auburn and Louisville losing was not good news for USF. Pittsburgh losing to one of the Big Ten's worst teams (Michigan State) didn't help matters either but luckilly Cincinnati beat Oregon State in week 2 along with USF's win so at least the Big East has still performed fairly well overall in non-conference play.

Remember, Kentucky is a good team. They play in the SEC so there is a good chance they may not even have a winning season unless they play Ole Miss and Mississippi State but they have the SEC's best QB, fasted RB, and most underrated WR. It's not like Louisville lost to a 1-AA team or anything, they lost to a good team.

• Content Count:  848

I don't know that Brohm is overrated. The UofL Offense is still very very good... it's just that their D sucks so bad, that any team with a mediocre offense and a fairly good Defense that cane keep Brohm's offense in check, has a good shot at winning... from what I'm hearing from Card fans on another forum, UofL lost the game because of a stupid defensive screw up, where no one moved out to cover a receiver and he ran uncovered for 50 something yards for a TD to pull them ahead. And KY was on a 3rd and 15 after a big penalty...

You're smoking crack if you think Brohm is overrated. Brohm is hands down the best quarterback in the nation. He is a machine. The Louisville Cardinals remind me of the 2004 Indy Colts. Excellent Offense but the defense always lets you down.

• Content Count:  4,642

brohm is a first round pick guaranteed... petrino's mouth must be watering

• Content Count:  294

You spoke too soon. I'm sure you're not sorry you were wrong. This is to date - one of the finest days in USF football history! Enjoy it!

Archived