• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NationalChamps.net front page

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

this image was on the front page of their website.  I don't think they are based in Florida either.

banner_sunshine_state_supremacy.jpg

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2007/articles/0909_sunshine_state_supremacy.htm

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

After reading this, many of you may still think that the Bulls could not compete on the same field with Miami or FSU, but you would be mistaken. On a neutral field, USF would realistically be favored over both at this point of the early season. Moreover, they might only have to finish over .500 to make their case. For those that believe this may be just a once in a lifetime season for the Bulls, you would be making another mistake. With Grothe still improving and just a sophomore, this team has yet to peak. There is another team in the race for Sunshine State supremacy, and they are now better than all but one.

That's what I'm talking about!

• Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

Love It !

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

this image was on the front page of their website.  I don't think they are based in Florida either.

banner_sunshine_state_supremacy.jpg

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2007/articles/0909_sunshine_state_supremacy.htm

The owner is an FSU fan and has posted here over the years.

He was the first site to have USF in the preseason Top 25 and Grothe as a heisman candidate.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

After reading this, many of you may still think that the Bulls could not compete on the same field with Miami or FSU, but you would be mistaken. On a neutral field, USF would realistically be favored over both at this point of the early season. Moreover, they might only have to finish over .500 to make their case. For those that believe this may be just a once in a lifetime season for the Bulls, you would be making another mistake. With Grothe still improving and just a sophomore, this team has yet to peak. There is another team in the race for Sunshine State supremacy, and they are now better than all but one.

That's what I'm talking about!

But that one is really, really, really good ...

• Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

You are right, trip.  But I'll settle for second best in the state and BE champs.  I could do that.  Easily.

• Content Count:  695

Exactly, the Bulls are like Miami and Florida State in the 1980s. The best part is that the Bulls will continue to improve. In 2009 Matt Grothe and Mike Ford will still be there most likely and the defense will still be heavily talented. Wide receiver seems to be a slight weakness at USF right now, Amarri Jackson will be gone after this season. I'm sure the Bulls can address that need though, the offensive line is fairly young right now and should be way better in 2 years.

• Content Count:  159

Now that is EXACTLY what I love to see. I've been saying it myself, but since I am a USF fan, people who are Cane or Nole fans blow it off as "you're crazy, you'd get your ass handed to you if you guys played us" ... I don't think so. We have a good team and I believe we could take the Canes or Noles this year (frankly last year too) and I daresay we could even do it on their turf!

Now looking to the future I see a lot of great things, especially in the 2009 season. We will be playing Miami again that year, in Miami if I am not mistaken (?) and we can put it to the test at that time. The M&M twins (Matt Grothe & Mike Ford) will be seniors and if they continue to play well and remain healthy we may have a beast of a season. Our O-Line continues to develop, our defense has been the one consistent force the whole time we have existed (thanks Jim!) ... the only big hole I see presently is Special Teams. Alvarado has a great leg ... but he lacks the confidence to hit the posts. If he improves (preferably quickly) his accuracy he could be another Bill Grammatica ... and for those of us who were around for Bill to play, you all know how important having him there was. :-)

• Content Count:  695

Mike Ford will only be a junior in 2009 but he might be gone anyway because he could actually legally leave after this season. I doubt it though, college football players rarely leave after their sophomore seasons unless they're South Carolina wide receivers.

I think Delbert Alvarado can be really good, but I am a bit apprehensive at this current time because he did struggle against Auburn.

• Content Count:  849

Exactly, the Bulls are like Miami and Florida State in the 1980s. The best part is that the Bulls will continue to improve. In 2009 Matt Grothe and Mike Ford will still be there most likely and the defense will still be heavily talented. Wide receiver seems to be a slight weakness at USF right now, Amarri Jackson will be gone after this season. I'm sure the Bulls can address that need though, the offensive line is fairly young right now and should be way better in 2 years.

I hope we are like the Miami teams of the 80's rather than FSU because Miami was just pouring in the national championships. What Miami accomplished in the 80s and 90s trumps UF's and FSU's entire history. Thats why I give Miami respect and don't care for the other 2 that much although FSU had an incredible run of like 15 straight top 5 finishes. But 5 national championships is better than the combined 4 of the other 2.

Archived