What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

What's your take on our team?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

It's very early in the season and we've seen the two sides to our team -against Elon and against Auburn.

1) Is this our best team (on paper)?

2) What are our chances for getting ranked and of winning the Big East?

3) What are your feelings on the offense? (For example, what's better than last year and what needs work?)

4) Any other thoughts? Keys to the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  3

1 - Yes (on paper and on turf)

2 - Good for both getting ranked and winning the Big East with Louisville and WVU coming here.

3 - Ford needs to be the main runner for us, but Matt needs to continue to get significant carries.  I know it puts him at risk for injury, but that hasn't stopped WVU's White, has it?

4 - Beating WVU again.  That will set the course (and our expectations) for the rest of the year.

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

This is our best team on paper and I believe on the field.

We will be ranked at some point this season.  I think we have a good chance at winning the big east.  I think we should be favored in the UL (they have no D and Bromh looks fine, but our D will take care of him) game and in the RU game (they haven't played anyone worth a ****)  I think the best game is going to be against Cincy. 

Offense looks fine, I will fel more comfortable to say something concrete after the UNC game. Our O line needs to stay healthy. 

The WVU game is winnable.  They have problems on D and as long as we can find a way to stop both Slaton and Devine, we should be okay.  Devine is sick.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,887
  • Days Won:  28

1) Is this our best team (on paper)?

Without a doubt. We have a very strong Defense, QB, WR's and RB's ... most importantly is that we have some serious depth.

2) What are our chances for getting ranked and of winning the Big East?

I think there is a good chance we will be ranked this week without playing. Beating UNC on Nat'l TV will definately get us in the Top 25. I feel very good about winning the conference.

3) What are your feelings on the offense? (For example, what's better than last year and what needs work?)

I feel real good about this squad. Really didn't show anything against Elon and went up against a very good D @Auburn. Feel we'll get in the groove against UNC and EXPLODE against WVU.

Biggest thing that jumps out for me is attendance, season tix sales and students.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  294

1) Is this our best team (on paper)? I think so.  We have a good, seemingly unshakable, quarterback who I think will improve with every game. We now have a few good (hopefully - great) RBs. Our defense, as always, is awesome. If only we can iron out our place kicking issues - we could have a very special team.

2) What are our chances for getting ranked and of winning the Big East? Getting ranked - 90% chance I look for it after a victory over UNC. Winning the Big East - 50/50.

The offense is good - but we need to get much better - Matt's maturing- (though he needs to play a bit smarter and learn to avoid the sack - get rid of the ball).  What's Better?: FORD, Taylor?

Needs improvement - honestly, everything to a degree -  but we need reliability in our PK.

Key to season - Not having a let down - play every game like it's the biggest game of the season.When we play like that - we are VERY hard to beat.

Also key - We can't afford injuries to Matt. He's still the biggest key to our success.

Go Bulls!!!!

• Content Count:  1,386

Key to season - Not having a let down - play every game like it's the biggest game of the season.When we play like that - we are VERY hard to beat.

Also key - We can't afford injuries to Matt. He's still the biggest key to our success.

Go Bulls!!!!

You hit the nail on the head.

• Content Count:  5,827
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with everyone else's answers to the questions. My only concern is our OC. Not that I want Rod Smith back, but we have some play makers that haven't been used to their full potential yet. We need to open up the offense a little and we will be nearly unstoppable.

Guest BasketBull.

Talk about all the pieces fitting into the rise of the Bulls...

We lose some coaches in the off-season and what happens? We upgrade our staff.

We needed a running game and what happens? Ford and Taylor come in as freshmen, securing our running for sometime to come.

We lose our linebackers and what happens? T-Mack gets a waiver to play right away.

We needed to take the program to another lever and what happens? one word: Auburn...

This is going to be a historic year! And, yes, this is our best team so far.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

This is definitely our best team on paper.  The main reason is the depth and experience we have.

The determining component, in my opinion, as to our chances of winning the BE is Greg Gregory.  Our defense is good enough and fast enough to stop any of the offesnes we will be playing.  The only thing that can stop us from winning against any team on this schedule is what we do on offense.

I like what we have seen so far.  Each game has been gameplanned and executed on its' own merit.  I don't think we really have any idea yet how good this offesne will or can be.  We obviously didn't open things up against Elon.  On the other side of the coin, we were playing a very tough defense against AU.  We were able to move the ball against  Auburn. KSU only had 27 yards running and 1 TD against them.  KSU  scored 61 points yesterday.  I like our chances this year, but we need to do it consistently every game.  The "Finish Strong" cry needs to apply to the season as well as every game.

• Content Count:  11,251
  • Days Won:  23

1. YES!

2. 100%

3. O-line still needs to improve more.

4. Special teams and discipline need major improvement to get to where the talent level can take us.

GO BULLS!

Archived