• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good thing USF didn't play today

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

lighten up already-- are most recruits making early commits at this point in time based on some coaches poll or the AP? I doubt it.

Players care that they are respected-- through the polls and otherwise of course-- but if they aren't ranked, are they that much hungrier to prove the press/coaches/country just how good they are?

I guarantee you that if we beat UNC and then WVU-- we will be ranked. We might be ranked after this week-- who knows.  We might be ranked after UNC-- who knows. Worrying about it is not going to change things.

I am keeping up with the other teams and trying to see if we are moving up just like you are-- but it is not something we can control and on top that, it is not a measure of success during a bye week.

Bottom line-- being ranked just outside the top 25 is still impressive and it bodes well for our national perception and all the other things that impact recruiting and future success you have mentioned elsewhere.

Being ranked is better than not being ranked.  We'd probably get more people to go to the game against UNC if we were ranked.  Players being respected includes being ranked when we should be. 

I just don't think saying "just win" sounds like you actually care if we are ranked.  A lot of people are saying they don't care if we're ranked in a thread where the discussion is about being ranked.

I think most people given a choice would rather see USF ranked than not ranked.  And I'll also go out on a limb and say that most of those on this board would love for USF to be ranked #1.  I think what's being said is that the polls are beyond our control.  What we can do is take care of business by winning and the polls will take care of themselves.  If, I mean when we beat UNC next week we will be ranked for sure going in to WVU.

• Content Count:  3,403

lighten up already-- are most recruits making early commits at this point in time based on some coaches poll or the AP? I doubt it.

Players care that they are respected-- through the polls and otherwise of course-- but if they aren't ranked, are they that much hungrier to prove the press/coaches/country just how good they are?

I guarantee you that if we beat UNC and then WVU-- we will be ranked. We might be ranked after this week-- who knows.  We might be ranked after UNC-- who knows. Worrying about it is not going to change things.

I am keeping up with the other teams and trying to see if we are moving up just like you are-- but it is not something we can control and on top that, it is not a measure of success during a bye week.

Bottom line-- being ranked just outside the top 25 is still impressive and it bodes well for our national perception and all the other things that impact recruiting and future success you have mentioned elsewhere.

Being ranked is better than not being ranked.  We'd probably get more people to go to the game against UNC if we were ranked.  Players being respected includes being ranked when we should be. 

I just don't think saying "just win" sounds like you actually care if we are ranked.  A lot of people are saying they don't care if we're ranked in a thread where the discussion is about being ranked.

I think most people given a choice would rather see USF ranked than not ranked.  And I'll also go out on a limb and say that most of those on this board would love for USF to be ranked #1.  I think what's being said is that the polls are beyond our control.  What we can do is take care of business by winning and the polls will take care of themselves.  If, I mean when we beat UNC next week we will be ranked for sure going in to WVU.

As a person that posts on a message board, I don't control the game outcomes any more than the polls.  We might not be ranked just from beating UNC.  Teams above us would have to lose if we aren't ranked this week.

• Content Count:  121

As a person that posts on a message board, I don't control the game outcomes any more than the polls.  We might not be ranked just from beating UNC.  Teams above us would have to lose if we aren't ranked this week.

You are correct.  Since this weeks polls have not come out yet I haven't taken the liberty of looking at the schedules of those schools to see if any of them play one another.  I think you'll agree that when two teams ranked ahead of us play one another one of them loses.  This way we don't have to speculate on any upsets.  Disclaimer:  Of course there is no guarantee the losing team would be ranked below us the following week.       

Archived