What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

CONGRATS UCF!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,369
  • Days Won:  1

What a game!  You guys played great and showed a great deal of spirit!  My only WTF  moment was the fact that there were empty seats at the end, I hope the real fans that stayed gave those that left a hard time!  Geez some of them missed the last drive and onsides kick!  BTW if your number 38 looks for the ball you recover the kick!  Good luck the rest of the way until you play us!

• Content Count:  609
  • Days Won:  0

I also want to give Congrats to UCF for battling against Texas. I felt UCF was cheated early in the game when Texas went to kick for their 1st FG and the play clock ran out but no penalty. That was some ******** and the difference in the game.

• Content Count:  1,260

Don't believe in moral victories...but props to them. Great showing against a great opponent.

One thing that I just didn't get...maybe someone else can explain it to me. There was like 3 minutes left...they were down by 11...and they elected to punt. I realize they were deep in their own territory...but had there not been an ill-timed fumble on the ensuing Longhon posession....it would have been a coaching decision that "conceded defeat". Even the announcers made mention.

Good for them though with the way it all turned out. Now hopefully we won't have to hear about them until gameweek  :)

• Content Count:  1,981

I also want to give Congrats to UCF for battling against Texas. I felt UCF was cheated early in the game when Texas went to kick for their 1st FG and the play clock ran out but no penalty. That was some ******** and the difference in the game.

Did you miss the first play of the game? UCiF got lucky that referees didn't mark the ball down on the 1 yard line when they took a knee in the endzone while touching the line.

• Content Count:  4,108
  • Days Won:  8

I was impressed by the knights today.  I thought UT would blow them out, but I was wrong.

Kevin Smith is a very good RB.

Congrats knights fans, on a good showing and new stadium.

Should be a good one at RJS in a few weeks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  18,298
  • Days Won:  35

What a game!  You guys played great and showed a great deal of spirit!  My only WTF  moment was the fact that there were empty seats at the end, I hope the real fans that stayed gave those that left a hard time!  Geez some of them missed the last drive and onsides kick!  BTW if your number 38 looks for the ball you recover the kick!  Good luck the rest of the way until you play us!

from what I heard it was dreadfully hot out there --- think Bama game in 2003 hot---- so maybe some of those empty seats were from heat exhaustion.

I was really surprised they were able to hang tugh with Texas. I don't know what we learned about UCF from the game though really--- was it the new stadium pumping them up? Did Texas come out a little flat? Not to take anything away from UCF-- I just think there were too many other factors in the air impacting what we saw and this was not a true measuring stick that I find useful.

About all I really gathered is we better not chalk this up as an easy win

• Content Count:  639

thanks for the compliments. our team fought hard and never gave up and even though we didn't get the W, we think we have a solid team this year

• Content Count:  1,369
  • Days Won:  1

The empty seats were due to 2 reasons, the first wave to leave was due to a terrential downpour, the other was the late td by texas.  UCF has a lot of bugs to work out with their new stadium.  First, they ran out of bottled drinks, including water.  Concession stand lines were more then long, they were ridiculous, minimum 20 minute wait.  There is also no water fountains, so people had no option to getting a drink.  They also need to do something about entering the stadium.  I have never seen longer lines trying to get into a stadium, and slow, in fact I watched a snail move faster towards the front gates then I did!!  Secruity was checking people's bags, etc as they got to the person scanning the ticket, which then held things up as he/she checked the bags.  They should be set up further out front, so when people get to the ticket taker, all they need to do is scan the ticket.  Parking is a big problem, unless you have a priority pass.  Bring your mule if you are parking in general parking, as it is a haul across campus.  Seatbacks were a good touch, and the stadium held in the noise well.  Not sure the bleachers will withstand the feet stomping, as they were swaying pretty good where I was.  The area around the stadium is very nice with many shops/bars/restuarants either finished or close to being finished. 

Fans were more then obnoxious towards all the ut fans walking around on campus, so it will be ugly for us next year. Not sure if I will bring my family to the game as I saw many families harrassed as they walked towards the stadium. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  69,176
  • Days Won:  373

Fans were more then obnoxious towards all the ut fans walking around on campus, so it will be ugly for us next year. Not sure if I will bring my family to the game as I saw many families harrassed as they walked towards the stadium. 

I am totally shocked at this .....  ::)

• Content Count:  2,239

The empty seats were due to 2 reasons, the first wave to leave was due to a terrential downpour, the other was the late td by texas.  UCF has a lot of bugs to work out with their new stadium.  First, they ran out of bottled drinks, including water.  Concession stand lines were more then long, they were ridiculous, minimum 20 minute wait.  There is also no water fountains, so people had no option to getting a drink.  They also need to do something about entering the stadium.  I have never seen longer lines trying to get into a stadium, and slow, in fact I watched a snail move faster towards the front gates then I did!!  Secruity was checking people's bags, etc as they got to the person scanning the ticket, which then held things up as he/she checked the bags.  They should be set up further out front, so when people get to the ticket taker, all they need to do is scan the ticket.  Parking is a big problem, unless you have a priority pass.  Bring your mule if you are parking in general parking, as it is a haul across campus.  Seatbacks were a good touch, and the stadium held in the noise well.  Not sure the bleachers will withstand the feet stomping, as they were swaying pretty good where I was.  The area around the stadium is very nice with many shops/bars/restuarants either finished or close to being finished. 

I saw a few jerks like that, but for the most part, people were ok.

The stands were able to sustain thousands of people stomping on them at once to make noise.  I think they will be fine.

Archived