• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#11 UCLA goes down hard

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

UCLA's problem under Karl Dorrell is that they are extremely inconsistent. They can come out and beat a USC team last year that should have played in the national title game, yet they get blown out by a Utah team that isn't even picked to win the Mountain West. In fact i've seen some magazines that picked BYU to be better than Utah. Since the end of the first half against BYU, UCLA hasn't looked all that good.

The Pac 10 is far from 1 team team league. California is a top 10 team that features one of the nation's most exciting players, DeSean Jackson. Oregon blew out Michigan and has the Pac 10's answer to Pat White in dual-threat Dennis Dixon. Arizona State as usual is loaded on offense, and can put up points with the best of them. Oregon State beat the same Utah team that just blew out UCLA, and though they got blown out by Cincinnati they still have Yvenson Bernard, and a strong defense. If Sammie Strougher comes back that team can be a Pac 10 player. Washington blew it against Ohio State today but they have come a long way under Ty Willingham.

So basically, USC will not have an easy time in the Pac 10 this year. Will they lost though? I doubt it.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

UCLA should drop out of polls, which should open a slot for us, so I am happy for that.  No way they will stay ranked after getting obliterated by Utah. 

I could be wrong, but poll voters dont believe in dropping teams out of the polls. Yes, Michigan fell out after being ranked #5 but that was a loss of historic proportions. UCLA will probably be ranked in the bottom of the top 25, but trust me they will still be ranked. It's hard to fall from #11 to out of the top 25. Then again, after getting blown out the way they did there is a shot. It would be tough for someone with any kind of brain cell at all to rank UCLA over USF but who said that the poll voters have brain cells. Remember, one of them consists of the nations coaches.

• Content Count:  12,293

after you lose by 40 points to Utah you do not deserved to be ranked.  urban meyer isnt coaching there anymore....

UCLA got blown out by Arizona 2 years back even worse than they were by Utah and still remained ranked. They were ranked #8 when they lost though, as opposed to #11 but I think they fell to like 19 or 20 so if they had the same kind of fall this time around they would remain ranked.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I'm going on record of predicting they will not be ranked but will be among the others receiving votes.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I said at the beginning of the season that a team that went 7-6 last year shouldn't have been ranked in the first place...

Archived