• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

So, they win again today (59-0)

They are off next week after a gruelling schedule of Buffalo, Navy, and Norfolk State.

Then they play Maryland and Cinci. Why do the polls reward teams like this for playing no one? I am not worried about them this year, I think their FB last year was a key to their offense. I guess we have to wait a while to see what they have, but we will have played a ranked SEC opponent, a BCS opponent, and a ranked conference game before they play anyone this season. Even after we win our next two games, will we jump them in the polls?

Can the Big EAST step in on the sceduling and force teams to play a little competition? I understand playing a warm up game in week one, maybe even a lesser opponent in week 2 (no D1-AA after week one for me though), but when week three rolls around and you have played a cupcake schedule already, you should be stepping it up a little.

Just a little rant, I know it doesn't mean anything, I hope it bites them though when they actually play a real team. We went out and got a big win for the BE, and they are getting all the attention for beating no one.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

If things hold to form...winning the Big East will be a hard task for any team. If they can run the gauntlet of WVU, USF, Louisville, and Cincinatti succesfully...they're a quality team. If I have one complaint...it's only that they haven't done much to justify their ranking to this point...but it'll all correct itself by the time the dust settles.

• Content Count:  400

1st of all, these schedules were set a while ago, and a while ago, RU was the worst program in the entire D-1A.  so they set the schedule based on rebuilding the program.. they got WAY ahead of schedule with last year's record.

i think they are very lucky that they have the NYC media hub on their side.  they can get by with a bad schedule because they are media darlings in the NYC area (the most powerful media market).  that being said, i still think they are solid and i love their pro-style offense and what schiano has done on defense.  they keep other defenses honest with ray rice and mike teel is coming around and managing the offense.  they remind me of the Chargers in the NFL where they run with L.T. and Rivers (like mike teel) takes advantage of extra men in the box.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

This is part of Schiano's plan... rack up cheap wins against a bunch of nobodies then scream real loud about your gaudy W-L record. He's a snake-oil salesman.

• Content Count:  9,038

PitBull is right...if this were their schedule 3 years from now, then would be the time to complain.

Just wait until that Thursday night when WE make the video in THEIR locker room after our win.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Eat too many cupcakes, you get fat. Then you can't run later on.

• Content Count:  3,307

Here are Rutgers' future OOC opponents. None of them look like a real challenge, except maybe Maryland.

And is the Notre Dame series even confirmed for them?

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/rutgers_future.htm

Schiano didn't just show up last month. He's been there for seven years. And he hasn't even tried to schedule any real good OOC games the last couple of years.

• Content Count:  400

Here are Rutgers' future OOC opponents. None of them look like a real challenge, except maybe Maryland.

And is the Notre Dame series even confirmed for them?

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/rutgers_future.htm

Schiano didn't just show up last month. He's been there for seven years. And he hasn't even tried to schedule any real good OOC games the last couple of years.

I have to disagree there.. if these ND games are confirmed, i think that's a big step for the program.  granted, ND is always overhyped and they SUCK this year, ND is ND and it always does wonders in terms of recruiting (for you and them) to play them.  i wish we played ND, i think it'd be awesome to go into south bend and beat them.  not only that, when they come into Tampa, have a sell out crowd.  Like us, the only real big game we've landed is the UM series.  UF and AU games are just payday games.  RU is THE state university of NJ.. so, financially, i don't think they are looking for money the way we are.  with the  media behind them, they automatically get press and schiano is a good coach that is an awesome recruiter.  hell, they just pulled in an awesome QB from orlando (jefferson, i believe) who looks like the next daunte culpepper.

• Content Count:  9,038

More about Rutgers, from http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/278271.html

Falling: Rutgers’ behavior, first by fans and now by coach Greg Schiano. Last week, the student section was taken to task for its foul-mouthed disrespect toward Navy, prompting an apology from the school president. Saturday, late in the first half with the Scarlet Knights leading Norfolk State 45-0, Schiano used three timeouts with his defense on the field. “Ahead (45-)zip in the first half and calling timeouts, if that turns you on, fine,†Norfolk coach Pete Adrian said. “The good news is we didn’t get anyone hurt.â€Â

Greg Schiano is an ass.

• Content Count:  3,407

So, they win again today (59-0)

They are off next week after a gruelling schedule of Buffalo, Navy, and Norfolk State.

Then they play Maryland and Cinci. Why do the polls reward teams like this for playing no one? I am not worried about them this year, I think their FB last year was a key to their offense. I guess we have to wait a while to see what they have, but we will have played a ranked SEC opponent, a BCS opponent, and a ranked conference game before they play anyone this season. Even after we win our next two games, will we jump them in the polls?

Can the Big EAST step in on the sceduling and force teams to play a little competition? I understand playing a warm up game in week one, maybe even a lesser opponent in week 2 (no D1-AA after week one for me though), but when week three rolls around and you have played a cupcake schedule already, you should be stepping it up a little.

Just a little rant, I know it doesn't mean anything, I hope it bites them though when they actually play a real team. We went out and got a big win for the BE, and they are getting all the attention for beating no one.

Dude don't cast stones about their schedule.... They are reaping the benefits of last year's success... Next year we will be in the same boat, our schedule is brutal (bad) next year!

Archived