• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would you rather attend - UCF or WVU game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

wvu

if things go as they should not only will wvu be ranked but so will we and this will be our first time playing a ranked team while we are ranked

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

WVU for three good reasons

1.  Perhaps the biggest game for us within the conference,

2.  It is a conference game,

3.  You can always ask __Eats It to make a DVD copy of the game so you can watch it any time.

• Content Count:  2,277

WVU... all of the above!  Also, possibly our first sell-out.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am making that same decision as well. I have to take a licensing exam on 10/26, and with it being football season, I am having to take breaks to study. So, I decided a while back that I would go to the WVU game and skip UCF to study (unless I change my mind). I picked two weekends to dedicate to football. Auburn was a good choice for the first one.

After 10/26 though, I will be free and we'll see what I am able to work out for the rest of the games.

Good luck with the job.

Are you taking the PE exam?

Yep, studying not going so great as of right now, can't believe how much I have forgotten.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I am making that same decision as well. I have to take a licensing exam on 10/26, and with it being football season, I am having to take breaks to study. So, I decided a while back that I would go to the WVU game and skip UCF to study (unless I change my mind). I picked two weekends to dedicate to football. Auburn was a good choice for the first one.

After 10/26 though, I will be free and we'll see what I am able to work out for the rest of the games.

Good luck with the job.

Yep, studying not going so great as of right now, can't believe how much I have forgotten.

What discipline?  I'm a Civil (structural) PE.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Good luck with the job.

What discipline?  I'm a Civil (structural) PE.

Civil - Water Resources.

I am actually not looking forward to the structural questions, thank goodness I only have to worry about 8 of them (plus whatever they throw in with geotech).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,330
  • Days Won:  10

No question here -- go see West Virginia.  This game means something to our future.  The UCF games do not.

• Content Count:  2,511

I will play devil's advocate and suggest that you go to the UCF game.  Why?

• The WVU game is on ESPN2.  The UCF game may not be on TV, or it will only be on regional TV.  You can watch the WVU game while you are out of town, that is assuming that your interview is not at night when the game is on.
  • Personally, I would rather interview as soon as possible, and the WVU game is before the UCF game.
  • If for some reason you did not get the job, at least you interviewed as soon as possible so you can keep working on the next interview with the next company
  • The flip side of the game being sold out or almost sold out is that the stadium will be packed.  Not that it would keep me from going to the game, but going to a packed game at RJS is kind of a headache.
  • This assumes that you are not a season ticket holder.  If you do not have tickets yet for the WVU game, then most of the available seats are probably in the upper deck.  There are probably lower level seats available for the UCF game.  I would rather sit in the lower level for UCF, and at a nice comfy sports bar that has a big HDTV for WVU

• Content Count:  1,911

WVU. it's a more important game in the overall scheme of things and you'll get to say you were part of the largest home crowd ever.

Archived