• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we want them to win?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

Why did Texas go for 2 with 3 and a half minutes left?  Now UCF only needs a FG and a TD with a 2 point conversion.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307

I want them to lose.  Just because their fans are HORRIBLE. We'd never heard the end of it.  Hell, we won't hear the end of this because they hung tough with Texas.

Had it been an unranked team I would have pulled for them, but because it's Texas I'm not.  The game at Ray Jay this year will be good regardless.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Not to mention O'Leary wasted at least 20 seconds and his last timeout by insisting that UCF should score the touchdown first. They should have gone for the FG the minute they got into range.

• Content Count:  1,911

I have decided: I want them to come close but LOSE in the end.  (The pain is greater in a close loss --hee hee.)

Their fans deserve no happiness whatsoever!

...their fans were chanting UCF after...only a UCF fan could be happy about a loss.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have decided: I want them to come close but LOSE in the end.  (The pain is greater in a close loss --hee hee.)

Their fans deserve no happiness whatsoever!

...their fans were chanting UCF after...only a UCF fan could be happy about a loss.

Moral Victory

IMO, by them being happy with this loss just shows what underachievers they are. Texas is overrated. UCF was riding high on the emotions of a new stadium. UCF will come back to earth (maybe not reality) before this season is over.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

the wierd thing is at no point did I really think I would  have to consider this an option.

then I started watching the game and seeing that Texas looked much weaker than advertised --- or perhaps UCF looked much better than I perceived them to be. I hadn't seen UCF play yet this season.

They seem to have a good QB now--- perhaps a bit of a Grothe clone from the running perspective. In fact-- it seemed like I was a watching the USF offense alot of the time out there.

Anyway-- they made a good effort and had a chance to win the game-- I'd say it would be hard for even idiots like Bianchi to say something negative about their performance (of course he will do something-- he always does something that little cretin).

Had they won-- man-- that might have sucked pretty bad for USF for all those reasons listed ahead of this. Even though we have the BCS conference thing on them-- UCF always seems to loom in the background of our success-- just close enough so that people seem compelled to lump them in with us all the time. It's like a pesky little brother scenario. You don't want to but your mom makes you take him to the movies with your friends.

I was that little brother growing up-- so I can relate to how that feels. It can suck pretty bad at times. But thereis one thing I do know-- this OCS they built has levelled the palying field somewhat-- it has given them some sort of bump. It is an improvement. Whether they capitalize on that is the question.

Hate to say this-- but we could very well belooking at continuing the series after next year based on some of those items. We will do so not so much because we are natural rivals (that is of course just an opinion) but because the fans in general want the game as shown by attendance. A full stadium and beating down UCF every other year is a good thing for USF. It doesn't really prove anything new--- but it does confirm which program has the lead. ANd I like the short drive over to O-town for an away game-- it's not all bad other thana  few internet nutjobs making us hate UCF with a passion.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Funny thing is that this worked out about as well as it could have for USF. It probably got their attention so that they take the game on October 13 seriously. But UCiF didn't win, we found out that they paid for a hair trigger lightning detection system but couldn't afford water fountains, ESPN called them out for celebrating their previous moral victories, and on the whole the media is asking "what's wrong with Texas" instead of giving the Knights any credit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Funny thing is that this worked out about as well as it could have for USF. It probably got their attention so that they take the game on October 13 seriously. But UCiF didn't win, we found out that they paid for a hair trigger lightning detection system but couldn't afford water fountains, ESPN called them out for celebrating their previous moral victories, and on the whole the media is asking "what's wrong with Texas" instead of giving the Knights any credit.

welcome to our world UCF

Archived