• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Campus - 10 Years

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

i wouldnt mind if we erect a building that becomes our signature building..

UF has this:

tower.jpg

FSU has this:

fsuadmin.jpg

we got this :-\ :

gallery%2FWeb_Photos%2Fusf.admin.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  280

I believe that the new honors college building is being labeled as the new signature building, and it will be built in front of our current Administration building. I can't really say what it will look like, because I have no idea...but I know I read this somewhere. Maybe more people in the know can attest to this...

• Content Count:  1,812

As stated above, it will always be somewhat of a commuter school. But if you don't want tons of people going home, you have to stop accepting the locals that apply here as if it is community college. I think the key to building a college atmosphere is having kids who should be in college. admission criteria has to go up.

Well, the problem is: if you graduate from a community college you are guaranteed admission to at least one state university. So, if you go to HCC and get a degree and you apply to USF, you're in. Which, for all intents and purposes, is a commuter school. This is state law, so, no way around it.

However, with our 4 hours of advertising we have every Saturday I think we can attract more out of state students.

Not really unless the law changed. you can get admitted to the University with a AA from community college but you are not guaranteed admission into a college. This has been the sticking point for a while for a lot of students. They go to CC and then think they can go to UF and find out they can not get into the school they want so they go to a college with lower standards.

When I went to USF almost all the people I knew were from Jersey or New York and thought that the tuition and being in the sunshine was a bargain. They for the most part rented apartments and worked so did not live on campus.

• Content Count:  1,812

UF has this:

tower.jpg

FSU has this:

fsuadmin.jpg

Many may not like it but this is our signature building

450px-Watertower3.JPG

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

As stated above, it will always be somewhat of a commuter school. But if you don't want tons of people going home, you have to stop accepting the locals that apply here as if it is community college. I think the key to building a college atmosphere is having kids who should be in college. admission criteria has to go up.

Well, the problem is: if you graduate from a community college you are guaranteed admission to at least one state university. So, if you go to HCC and get a degree and you apply to USF, you're in. Which, for all intents and purposes, is a commuter school. This is state law, so, no way around it.

However, with our 4 hours of advertising we have every Saturday I think we can attract more out of state students.

Not really unless the law changed. you can get admitted to the University with a AA from community college but you are not guaranteed admission into a college. This has been the sticking point for a while for a lot of students. They go to CC and then think they can go to UF and find out they can not get into the school they want so they go to a college with lower standards.

When I went to USF almost all the people I knew were from Jersey or New York and thought that the tuition and being in the sunshine was a bargain. They for the most part rented apartments and worked so did not live on campus.

This is true... I forgot that you get into the university but not the college/program.

• Content Count:  509

UF has this:

tower.jpg

FSU has this:

fsuadmin.jpg

Many may not like it but this is our signature building

450px-Watertower3.JPG

hahahaaha, I was thinking the same thing

Archived