• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Campus - 10 Years

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

That is amazing. I've figured out where are the current stuff is and which road is which, but I'd like to know what all the new purple buildings will be. Dorms? Classrooms? I'd actually like to eventually move back to on to campus. One day. Maybe...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

We don't have a Greek Row in the traditional sense because the school paid for it and had it built.  Thus, we get various buildings that all look exactly the same...  I think the Greeks should get some land and build their own houses. There is some open land on campus, maybe the university can sell it to them at a good price.

I think this would do wonders to cast off the commuter school image and bring a uniqueness to campus.

I was there in a fraternity before the Greek village when we all used apartments or houses around town.  We worked hard, extremely hard to get on campus to help build the atmosphere, but now that they got us on, it only seems like the students who are non greek are trying to shut them down.  Look at the latest attention piled on with the whole Barclay thing and then look closely at what actually happened and see where the punishments hardly fit the crime.

USF, unlike other major universities, does nothing to support the greeks.  It's funny how people when they want the campus to look better, they are all about the Greeks doing the heavy lifting, but then they do nothing but hate and seek to destroy them at every turn.  Watching some of the crap my chapter is going through over offenses that are way less than the football players everyone idolizes makes me sick and I feel sorry for them.  I hate to rant on, but until they clean house at the Oracle and put some folks in there who PROMOTE BEING A BULL, greek or not, and putting some folks on the board at USF who actually want to foster the typical college experience, then USF will be lacking.

• Content Count:  400

that's the biggest thing that i fear with our long term plans.. in that pdf, no where is there space designated for a stadium.. my biggest fear:  we expand to the point where there is no space for a stadium, then they will use that as an excuse.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

that's the biggest thing that i fear with our long term plans.. in that pdf, no where is there space designated for a stadium.. my biggest fear:  we expand to the point where there is no space for a stadium, then they will use that as an excuse.

You're not looking hard enough!

• Content Count:  400

care to enlighten me?  i just see a bunch of purple buildings.. nothing the size of a stadium  i see 2 track and field surfaces.. is it one of those?

care to enlighten me?  i just see a bunch of purple buildings.. nothing the size of a stadium  i see 2 track and field surfaces.. is it one of those?

The dotted lines in the sun dome parking lot is the place holder for the on campus stadium.

Guest Sprtsfn627

We don't have a Greek Row in the traditional sense because the school paid for it and had it built.  Thus, we get various buildings that all look exactly the same...  I think the Greeks should get some land and build their own houses. There is some open land on campus, maybe the university can sell it to them at a good price.

I think this would do wonders to cast off the commuter school image and bring a uniqueness to campus.

I was there in a fraternity before the Greek village when we all used apartments or houses around town.  We worked hard, extremely hard to get on campus to help build the atmosphere, but now that they got us on, it only seems like the students who are non greek are trying to shut them down.  Look at the latest attention piled on with the whole Barclay thing and then look closely at what actually happened and see where the punishments hardly fit the crime.

USF, unlike other major universities, does nothing to support the greeks.  It's funny how people when they want the campus to look better, they are all about the Greeks doing the heavy lifting, but then they do nothing but hate and seek to destroy them at every turn.  Watching some of the crap my chapter is going through over offenses that are way less than the football players everyone idolizes makes me sick and I feel sorry for them.  I hate to rant on, but until they clean house at the Oracle and put some folks in there who PROMOTE BEING A BULL, greek or not, and putting some folks on the board at USF who actually want to foster the typical college experience, then USF will be lacking.

Come on, USF and the non-greek students aren't "out to get you".  I'll leave it at that for now.

As for greek housing, I feel that off-campus would be a good idea.  The house by Fontana looks good, and I wish there were more of them like it around USF.  If you want USF to be less of a commuter school, you can't improve just the campus, but also make the area around it more college friendly.

BullsFanatic, I wasn't real specific, but there are folks and always has been folks associated with the Oracle and in various positions at that university that couldn't be happier if there wasn't a greek presence at USF.  I saw plenty of it while I was there and I was right there the years when the Greek Village was being discussed as well as seeing the way the University had loophole after loophole to come in at any second on almost anything and kick you off campus yet keep all of your money in the project.  I've got friends at other colleges in systems and trust me, when it comes to "greek friendly", USF is nowhere near close and the greek/non greek run is much bigger at USF than at other schools I've seen up close (UF, FSU, Bama).

I didn't mean to make it sound like any non greek was "out to get greeks" as many of my closest friends weren't in fraternities (old floor mates from Fontana Hall) and they always came to our stuff and were welcome.

I still think it's amazing we have a football team!  Ask many who were around back then when that was being discussed and there were quite a few who HATED THE IDEA.  If there were quite a few who hated the idea of a FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE BEST STATE IN THE COUNTRY TO HAVE ONE, you can bet their attitudes towards greeks was very similar.  They believed (and there still is) a core at USF who believes we should be only about the books and everything else is evil.

You have the academics at every school who despise the sports programs. Which is fine... it's their opinion. Just not likely to occur.

What can we do to "expand" campus beyond the four boarders of USF?

We have Busch Gardens to our south, not much can happen there. North, we have college housing, 1 greek house, a couple of bars. East we have a mix between college living and regular residential. West is nothing but commercial.

There's more space on that campus than you realize.  It's how they use the space which is key.  You put in some mega parking garages by every huge academic building/dorm and you will start freeing things up.  Same goes when you build dorms, build them higher rather than build more of them and the same goes with any new academic buildings they build on campus.  If they can build an embassy suites that high on campus, no reason they can't build other buildings for USF use that tall.

Archived