• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC fans giving USF major respect...

mw98gt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I was curious and ventured over to the UNC message board linked above and found a topic about their record predictions linked as follows: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=78#s=78&f=1408&t=996233

The topic starter gives decent respect, but then follow up posts give major respect which is nice to see.  A lot of the consensus is that USF is perhaps their toughest game on the schedule, or on par with georgia tech.  Most prefer road game at Va Tech than USF.  They for the most part mark it as a guaranteed loss with an astrik - hope that USF is looking past the game to WVU and lose. The replies tell the topic starter who gave decent respect to USF not to underrate them because he put them as a possible win. Anyways, check it out for yourself it is very nice to see indeed.

• Content Count:  1,797

Uh, since we mashed them last year at their house, just beat a top twenty team, and beat the poop out of the purple pansies that they just lost to, I would hope they are respecting us.

Normal

• Content Count:  291

I dont know, LeesTarHeel posted

"As for USF, I don't know if they're the real deal or not. They had trouble in their opener to Elon."

God that bothers me when people talk about something yet don't have a clue.

• Content Count:  12,293

when you play d-1AA teams its a catch22.  if you beat them by 50 points then you are a jerk for running up the score.  if you beat them by 2 scores then you struggled????\\

• Content Count:  398

I went over there.

This one makes me wonder:

Hopefully we catch USF thinking ahead. They didn't play too well against Elon, as they were probably looking ahead to Auburn. Let's hope they haven't learned their lesson.

I know everyone's already got the WVU game on their mind, but there's still UNC to play first.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I went over there.

This one makes me wonder:

Hopefully we catch USF thinking ahead. They didn't play too well against Elon, as they were probably looking ahead to Auburn. Let's hope they haven't learned their lesson.

I know everyone's already got the WVU game on their mind, but there's still UNC to play first.

That's pretty much the only reason I'm glad we're not ranked right now. It might give the team a chip on its shoulder, come out fired up looking to beat the snot out of UNC and prove that we belong in the top 25. Otherwise this could be a major trap game coming off the Auburn win and with West Virginia the next week

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Grothe et al admitted that we ran only about 7 plays during that entire game to mask our offense to Auburn.  Looked like that strategy worked out ok to me.

I'm fine with them thinking we couldn't destroy Elon.  It'll make it that much sweeter when they get their doors blown off in a week.

Grothe et al admitted that we ran only about 7 plays during that entire game to mask our offense to Auburn.  Looked like that strategy worked out ok to me.

I'm fine with them thinking we couldn't destroy Elon.  It'll make it that much sweeter when they get their doors blown off in a week.

Meh. The outcome was fine, but Auburn's good defense pretty much stopped USF's offense after the 1st quarter.  I almost think if we have opened up the playbook against Elon, they might have been expecting more trickeration -- opening up some things for regular plays.

And it looked like we only ran about 7 plays against Auburn, too.  How many times did Grothe hand off to an RB to the right?? It almost looked like Mike Shula was calling the plays...  ::)

Now, I am proud of the team's execution... no turnovers, only 7 penalties... and the composure of the team as a whole to stand before 79,000 screaming opponents and not flinch... Ultimately, the outcome is really all that matters...

But the plain, vanilla offense at Elon didn't really do much for the Auburn game...

• Content Count:  4,501

I would say they are giving us alot of respect.  When your the team coming in and saying it may be a trap game for USF that is respect.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think the key changes from Elon to Auburn was the special teams. Alvarado did an excellent job punting and our return team did a magnificent job returning the ball.

The thing about UNC is they have a lotta young talent, but I think that their inexpirience is what will hurt them. 

Look for leavitt's playcalling to be much more liberal during the West Virginia game.

Archived