• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey Johnston is a putz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

If you want an OCS donate or find someone donate $150-$200 million and USF will be more than happy to build it. If you going build an OCS it needs to be done right and not half ass just to have one, the figure stated above is approx what it would cost, so pony up and they shall build.

This guy has it right except I fear that a really good stadium is going to cost more.  Pony up some cash guys, otherwise stfu.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about we start with the dining facilities CJL thinks are most important first? We can't afford to build that and people expect us to just BOOM build an OCS? That's crazy talk. I want to drive a Ferrari but I don't have the money to do so-- so guess what? I don't. I can always rent one for a day or two though like we do with RJS.

Put it this way-- Miami announces it is moving out of it's historic dump of a stadium -- the Orange Bowl into the new and NFL connected Dolphin Stadium... and the only outrage is that they are moving out of the Orange Bowl--- which is STILL NOT AN OCS. Where is the uproar and the outrage over that act? You don't see any writers comparing UCF to Miami because of a stupid OCS now do you? THe fact that UCF survived just fine for aroudn 30 years without an OCS should be emphasized. We past them on the palying field and many other places very quickly but we are expected to also build something we simply have no absolute need for to appease some writer trying to get our rage boiling? whatever

Let's be realistic here. There isn't an NFL team in Auburn or anywhere in Alabama for that matter. They built that huge stadium over many many years. They had no real choice otherwise except for Legion Field. And while it is great to have that "atmosphere" it is ridiculous to assume that USF is missing out on only that in comparison to all these schools. They have long standing traditions that make that game day atmosphere happen-- not just the facility itself. There is no reason we cannot transform RJS into that type of environment by getting fans to engage in the cheers and other things that make it so romanticized.

PS-- let's stop calling people names just because they are trying to enrage us. So UCF has a new OCS-- good for them. They needed it to replace that relic called the Citrus Bowl.

You are absolutely correct sir.

People sit and complain and want someone else to start up a fundraiser.  They say that they would gladly contribute (really?) when the school announces that they are saving up for a stadium.  I say that those who want a stadium that bad should  start the process themselves. If you want something that bad you should not just sit there and whine, you should get out there and make it happen. 

• Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

As far as the article goes, I really don't see it as a put down of USF as it was a challenge for alumni and other readers to step up their financial support.  If you read the article, it mentions that if someone wrote a check, things would move forward faster.  This sort of publicized infrastructure competition could cause enough indignation to open up some wallets and help accelerate the upgrade of our facilities, overall.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes that RayJay is a great facility, both for recruiting and fan comfort.  We're getting good enough so that the location away from campus won't be a factor as students will find a way to get to the games, as we've seen.  Let's get our baseball, softball and other facilities up to standards first and then, when we have the bankroll, build something that will be worthy of the high-quality program we have become.

By the way, I'm really disturbed that no one disagreed with my claim of being a putz earlier in the thread.

Archived