• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey Johnston is a putz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

They're not going to annouce the intentions to build and OCS until they get some of the other athletics' upgrades.  

If they announced that they were taking donations to build an OCS then none of the other sports would get upgrades until Football got its new stadium.  I think it will be a relatively quick process once the announcement is made (depending on how the ticket sales progress).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

I can confirm that Brett is not a putz.

I'm one and he's never at the meetings.

RTB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

How about we start with the dining facilities CJL thinks are most important first? We can't afford to build that and people expect us to just BOOM build an OCS? That's crazy talk. I want to drive a Ferrari but I don't have the money to do so-- so guess what? I don't. I can always rent one for a day or two though like we do with RJS.

Put it this way-- Miami announces it is moving out of it's historic dump of a stadium -- the Orange Bowl into the new and NFL connected Dolphin Stadium... and the only outrage is that they are moving out of the Orange Bowl--- which is STILL NOT AN OCS. Where is the uproar and the outrage over that act? You don't see any writers comparing UCF to Miami because of a stupid OCS now do you? THe fact that UCF survived just fine for aroudn 30 years without an OCS should be emphasized. We past them on the palying field and many other places very quickly but we are expected to also build something we simply have no absolute need for to appease some writer trying to get our rage boiling? whatever

Let's be realistic here. There isn't an NFL team in Auburn or anywhere in Alabama for that matter. They built that huge stadium over many many years. They had no real choice otherwise except for Legion Field. And while it is great to have that "atmosphere" it is ridiculous to assume that USF is missing out on only that in comparison to all these schools. They have long standing traditions that make that game day atmosphere happen-- not just the facility itself. There is no reason we cannot transform RJS into that type of environment by getting fans to engage in the cheers and other things that make it so romanticized.

PS-- let's stop calling people names just because they are trying to enrage us. So UCF has a new OCS-- good for them. They needed it to replace that relic called the Citrus Bowl.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

A big win at Auburn and yet a new scab to pick at. 

It's clear to reporters that read this board that addressing UCF and and OCS in the same thread will certainly stir some emotion. 

• Content Count:  4,501

I can confirm the Brett is not a putz.

I'm one and he's never at the meetings.

RTB

Now thats funny - I don't care what OCS you are.

• Content Count:  294

An OCS is a want ( a big one ). It's not a need. We're building a high quality football program NOW and have become a BCS quality program in 11 years, all without the benefit of an OCS. RayJay IS a great stadium and I enjoy our games there. No - it doesn't compare to an OCS, but you know what - it's gonna happen and when it does I get the feeling they'll do the job right.  I trust the decisions our athletic dept and the University have made so far and think they know the importance of an OCS too.

Besides, we don't even know how our attendance numbers could swell over the next few years. I mean -- imagine if we had a 45,000 seat stadium right now. They'd be turning fans away left and right. Lots of new fans, alumni and yep -- students would be left out! That's not cool. We're growing - we need room for fans - lots of fans. When we do build it I want it to be big - with room enough for our steadily growing fan base (Think about 20, even 10 years from now). Just my 2 cents.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

ray jay is great

dinning facilities?  come come

does auburn have dinning facilties? maybe that is why they lost

• Content Count:  12,293

here is the article...

Johnston comments arent what bothers me...its Susan Welsh's

http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBRXIA6K6F.html

but yea...Joey you could of pointed out that the Hurricanes dont play on campus..........  thanks alot

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

here is the article...

Johnston comments arent what bothers me...its Susan Welsh's

http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBRXIA6K6F.html

but yea...Joey you could of pointed out that the Hurricanes dont play on campus..........  thanks alot

To be honest, the article isn't really that bad. The problem, which probably set the original poster off, was the ******** tbo.com headline writer. The article in the print paper had the following headline:

"After 28 Seasons, UCF Has A Home"

The online headline reads:

"UCF Has On-Campus Home Now; USF Still Doesn't"

I don't think the writers make their own headlines .......

Archived