• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey Johnston is a putz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

He has an article on how USF still doesn't have an OCS and UCF does.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Let it frikin' die already.  IT IS NOT A BAD THING THAT WE PLAY IN RAY JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

He has an article on how USF still doesn't have an OCS and UCF does.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Let it frikin' die already.   IT IS NOT A BAD THING THAT WE PLAY IN RAY JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just realize that is your opinion.

There are PLENTY of us who couldn't disagree more.

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Let it frikin' die already.   IT IS NOT A BAD THING THAT WE PLAY IN RAY JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

bret is stating a fact

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Just realize that is your opinion.

There are PLENTY of us who couldn't disagree more.

I couldn't have said it better.  The atmosphere at auburn made me realize this even more than I already knew.

• Content Count:  1,991

If you want an OCS donate or find someone donate $150-$200 million and USF will be more than happy to build it. If you going build an OCS it needs to be done right and not half ass just to have one, the figure stated above is approx what it would cost, so pony up and they shall build.

• Content Count:  385

Sorry Brett!!!  I apologize.  It's just really really frustrating.  Mid-Atlantic Bull, trust me I realized there are many who disagree, hence the article.  I just don't understand why playing at Ray Jay is looked down upon. I would like to have a nice OCS and I think everyone on this board wants one, but we could be playing in worse places and money could be used better than to dump it in an OCS.  Again sorry about the horrible topic line, but why try and find something to dump on us? 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If you want an OCS donate or find someone donate $150-$200 million and USF will be more than happy to build it. If you going build an OCS it needs to be done right and not half ass just to have one, the figure stated above is approx what it would cost, so pony up and they shall build.

You know, what you say here is the common refrain of the "wait a long time for the OCS" crowd.

But you know, I don't think you're really being accurate here.

If USF would say, "Okay....we're moving forward with the fundraising effort for a new on-campus football stadium," the donations would start rolling in. Might take a little while to get what they needed, but rolling in they would indeed be!

You say, "pony up and they shall build" so as to frustrate those of us who believe it's feasible in the not-too-distant future.  

Question: Where would we send it??   ???

I would be one of thousands, I'm sure, who would send in what they could if the school would just announce they're officially getting the ball rolling.  But they haven't yet, and based upon some of the comments I've heard from officials (not some of you self-described experts), they may not for a VERY long time.

So it's not something that is up to us, okay?  So instead of using the same old tired, "Pony up" stuff, take a different angle to it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

A) If you visited Auburn, you know it's an AMAZING sight to see tens of thousands of alumni drive from all over the U.S. to tailgate days in advance for their football games. It gives the campus so much more of a college atmosphere, and it causes alumni to have a place to be directly connected to on USF's campus. Alumni aren't going to feel much of a connection to Raymond James except on Saturday home games, and even then only 6 hours before a game. While I support wholeheartedly the Alumni Association, the Student Union, and other locations that host alumni functions on campus, it's really hard to compare to what an OCS would do.

B) There was a fund for directing OCS donations set up by SG several years ago, I believe by Andrew Aubrey, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, I don't think it was advertised very well, and I doubt that it still exists given the significantly lesser amount of support for Athletics shown by the two administrations that followed.

C) I was quoted in that article, and while I didn't know it was going to be a UCF comparison, I stand by my statement that if I ever make it big, I'm gonna pony up for the stadium myself.

D) There's no need to call anyone a putz or fling negativity around in a thread title, it's unwarranted.

Archived