• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Peabody's is a Poser USF supporter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I live in New Tampa and was unable to finalize my plans to go to Auburn at the last minute.  I called Peabody's and asked them if they would have the USF game with the sound on Saturday night.  I was told a definant yes; so 8:30 rolls around, and I get my seat ready for the game.  I once again ask the waitress to confirm that they would be showing the game.  She went to her manager and the manager said that they do not show USF games only Bucs games.  Obviously I abruptly left and went to club house for the game.  This place sports the USF logo on their menu's but will not show the game.  Now if they changed their mind and showed it, I am surprised.  Just wanted to put them on blast for this poser action.  Good for Club House is supporting the Bulls like they did.

• Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

If I'm not mistaken they have the iconic U on their menus.  If this is true it is sad considering that they have multiple tv's and I'm assuming a large portion of their business students, faculty, staff, or those with some tie to USF.

• Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

I had a similar situation with Winners in Tampa Palms a few years ago.  I vowed never to return.  I am not taking credit for putting them out of business.

• Content Count:  2,363

That's a dumb statement anyway. It's not like we were playing opposite the Bucs and they had to make a choice or something...

• Content Count:  12,293

yea peabodys is a tough one.  its a great place to go for a night out but its not a "sports bar"  its a pool hall/bar/nightclub.

it sucks because they would be a great place for students in that area (there are a TON of students within walking distance to that place) that they would make a KILLING if they showed more support for USF games with dedicated broadcast with sound and drink specials.

makes you wonder what the owners are really thinking....if they are even thinking...

• Content Count:  1,165

I had a similar situation with Winners in Tampa Palms a few years ago.  I vowed never to return.  I am not taking credit for putting them out of business.

Sounds like you went to Winners before my time. Me and a group of my friends went there weekly on Monday Night for about a year prior to their closing, and then occasionally for a USF away game if we didn't watch it at someone's house or something.  We had very few problems with anything, and certainly no problems getting the USF game on the TV's.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds like you went to Winners before my time. Me and a group of my friends went there weekly on Monday Night for about a year prior to their closing, and then occasionally for a USF away game if we didn't watch it at someone's house or something.  We had very few problems with anything, and certainly no problems getting the USF game on the TV's.

I caught the second half of the Pitt game there without problems last year.

• Content Count:  1,290

I was at the Peabodys last saturday.  There were plenty TVs of USF and Auburn game and UFC where my friend Matt Hamill was fought and robbed.  lot of people celebrated after Hester caught a TD.

• Content Count:  1,297

Never watched USF at Peabody's but man, I used to be there all the time when I went to USF and when I lived out that way.  I know there are people on this board that have order a $2 shooter special before.  ;D

I've watch USF games at Winner's and the Club House with no problems.

• Content Count:  594

There's more reasons to avoid Peabody's than this, but yes, they have priorities other than USF. There's no question about that.

Archived