• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Field Painted for WVU?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

usf will soon rule tampa and ray jay...glazer is the blocker

Glazer is the blocker and USF's daddy as long as we're in that stadium...

DaddyGlazer1.jpg

Seriously, give it a rest. 

I know.....I know......the truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

My only comment about that picture is: both the spanker and the spankee have their shoes on...so where did the shoe doing the spanking come from?

Hmmm?  Can you answer that one, big guy?!?!  HMMM?!?!

I am pretty sure TSA (Tampa Sports Authority) decides the rules on what goes on at Ray Jay.  And since the Bucs are the money maker of that stadium; then they will do whatever it takes to protect their pockets.

Remember that stadium was built by the taxpayers...not the Glazers.

Funny, then, how little the taxpayers have gotten for their money, and how much the Glazers have made off the same.

Well, that's not really accurate.  The taxpayers have:

1) An NFL franchise in their city.  Only 31 other places can really say that. Cities like Orlando, Memphis, Portland, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Las Vegas... the Buccaneers would be somewhere else if not for the stadium.  The Bucs even brought home the Lombardi trophy to Tampa.

2) Two Super Bowls since the stadium was built.  One in 2000 and the next in 2009.  Despite what some people think, the economic impact of a Super Bowl is substantial.

3) A state-of-the-art stadium for more than just football.  Sure, it was built

From the St Pete Times in 1996...

The Hillsborough County Commission and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave approval Wednesday to a new stadium lease that binds the football team to an annual $3.5-million rent for 30 years, but promises millions more in return.

The team could earn $26-million a year if it rents all the luxury boxes and club seats in a proposed new $168-million stadium. But the team also pledges to stay in Tampa, under threat of a court order, for the 30 years the county is repaying the construction bonds.

The lease also promises the Bucs a large share of other stadium revenues, and permits them to develop the land around the new stadium for commercial use.

Commissioners voted 5-1 to approve the lease, after Chairman Jim Norman thanked county negotiators for their hard work.

The only no vote was cast by Commissioner Chris Hart, who has consistently opposed public funding for the stadium.

Hart questioned the lease's allocation of revenues to the Bucs, saying "How does (the University of South Florida) or the Mutiny or a high school football team make a profit using that facility? . . . We've given it all away for control of our own stadium."

An official for Major League Soccer saidWednesday the league wasn't happy about the restrictions on Mutiny advertising that the Bucs obtained for the new stadium.

"We didn't pick Tampa to (then) move from Tampa, but at the same time, as the new stadium goes in, we hope they would welcome us along with the Buccaneers," said Randy Bernstein, executive vice president of the 10-team league. "Our feeling is, we're a viable entity, a tremendous part of the Tampa community."

Paul Griffin, the USF athletic director, said the Bucs might get as much as $200,000 in parking, concessions and other fees from every USF football game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

My only comment about that picture is: both the spanker and the spankee have their shoes on...so where did the shoe doing the spanking come from?

Hmmm?  Can you answer that one, big guy?!?!  HMMM?!?!

I was wondering the same thing.

Where did that 5th shoe come from?

I think maybe Glazer's two sons, Joel and Brian, were standing off-camera and they volunteered one of their shoes for the good cause that is spankin' USF's bee-hind.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

usf will soon rule tampa and ray jay...glazer is the blocker

Glazer is the blocker and USF's daddy as long as we're in that stadium...

DaddyGlazer1.jpg

Seriously, give it a rest. 

I know.....I know......the truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it?

BigB.gif

• Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

As much as I love the fact that we have a white flag of surrender at the 50 yard line, I wish they could do something to switch that guy out. 

I would also like to see them take down the pirate ship and put up a gigantic golden calf, but that's me.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I am pretty sure TSA (Tampa Sports Authority) decides the rules on what goes on at Ray Jay.  And since the Bucs are the money maker of that stadium; then they will do whatever it takes to protect their pockets.

Funny, then, how little the taxpayers have gotten for their money, and how much the Glazers have made off the same.

1) An NFL franchise in their city.  Only 31 other places can really say that. Cities like Orlando, Memphis, Portland, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Las Vegas... the Buccaneers would be somewhere else if not for the stadium.  The Bucs even brought home the Lombardi trophy to Tampa.

2) Two Super Bowls since the stadium was built.  One in 2000 and the next in 2009.  Despite what some people think, the economic impact of a Super Bowl is substantial.

The Hillsborough County Commission and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave approval Wednesday to a new stadium lease that binds the football team to an annual $3.5-million rent for 30 years, but promises millions more in return.

The team could earn $26-million a year if it rents all the luxury boxes and club seats in a proposed new $168-million stadium. But the team also pledges to stay in Tampa, under threat of a court order, for the 30 years the county is repaying the construction bonds.

The lease also promises the Bucs a large share of other stadium revenues, and permits them to develop the land around the new stadium for commercial use.

Commissioners voted 5-1 to approve the lease, after Chairman Jim Norman thanked county negotiators for their hard work.

The only no vote was cast by Commissioner Chris Hart, who has consistently opposed public funding for the stadium.

Hart questioned the lease's allocation of revenues to the Bucs, saying "How does (the University of South Florida) or the Mutiny or a high school football team make a profit using that facility? . . . We've given it all away for control of our own stadium."

An official for Major League Soccer saidWednesday the league wasn't happy about the restrictions on Mutiny advertising that the Bucs obtained for the new stadium.

"We didn't pick Tampa to (then) move from Tampa, but at the same time, as the new stadium goes in, we hope they would welcome us along with the Buccaneers," said Randy Bernstein, executive vice president of the 10-team league. "Our feeling is, we're a viable entity, a tremendous part of the Tampa community."

Paul Griffin, the USF athletic director, said the Bucs might get as much as $200,000 in parking, concessions and other fees from every USF football game.

I think what he was getting at Jim is that very few have benefited from this "economic gain". All taxpayers have paid for this stadium, but how many have really earned a dime from this economic boost? My guess is that number is very few.

I'm glad the stadium was built because I root for both teams that play there, but I haven't made a dime from the economic boost of the stadium.

The people who have benefitted are hotels, restaurants, and grocery/beer stores. With most of that economic gain being felt by the people at the top of those organizations, and not the peons (sp.?) who compose most of the tax paying population.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

Doug Woolard said they will paint the field every chance they get. Money is not an object when it comes to this. I'm pretty sure the white flag has to stay though, but don't quote me on it.

money is always an object

what is the difference

usf will beat wv anyway

the white flag is kind of cool in it's own way

I think what he was getting at Jim is that very few have benefited from this "economic gain". All taxpayers have paid for this stadium, but how many have really earned a dime from this economic boost? My guess is that number is very few.

I'm glad the stadium was built because I root for both teams that play there, but I haven't made a dime from the economic boost of the stadium.

The people who have benefitted are hotels, restaurants, and grocery/beer stores. With most of that economic gain being felt by the people at the top of those organizations, and not the peons (sp.?) who compose most of the tax paying population.

You're forgetting the ripple effect.  As people in the service industry make more money, they - in turn - spend it on other services...

There's a proper economic term for this, but there is a real effect...  You certianly have made a dime from the economic boost... maybe even a half dollar over the years... although probably not much more than that.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

the stadium was paid for by taxpayers and it  should be allowed to be used by usf but tampa's political leaders gave the stadium to the glazers/bucs-

the entire situation is sad

taxpayers in LA will never  use tax funds to make billionaires richer

Archived