• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A GREEN OUT!!!!!!

exbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'll wear a green shirt, once we get a green U and facemask.  How about that? 

Seriously, have you been to other college games?  UF fans wear orange, blue and white.  Notre Dame fans wear blue, white, and green.  For ND, the students all wear the same shirt (just like Our Shirt) to show their solidarity with the players.  Look at an overhead shot of their stadium and you can tell where the student section is.  It doesn't really matter what the alumni wears, just be loud at the appropriate time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  232
  • Days Won:  0

Why not a 'gold out'.  I've always been partial to the gold/yellow shirts.  Maybe gold for day games (for all the its-too-hot whiners) and green for night games?

Just my $0.02.  Anyone know the ad rates for the Tribune and Times?

slate

• Content Count:  12,293

Why not a 'gold out'.  I've always been partial to the gold/yellow shirts.  Maybe gold for day games (for all the its-too-hot whiners) and green for night games?

Just my $0.02.  Anyone know the ad rates for the Tribune and Times?

slate

gold is what West Virigina wear to their games.  and not too mention those guys from mouse town

now you are starting to sound like shoop.

by the way...did you happen to catch the Penn St game last week?  how sweet did that look?

Nebraska wears all red.  there are a few schools who do this and I think it looks great, specially on TV. 

i always, and will con tinue to email

• Content Count:  406

A "sea of green" can be implemented.  It would have to be coordinated through the marketing department and would need the support of Student Government and other large organizations on campus.

Since Bulls Heaven has those mobile trailers that they use to sell merchandise at games they may be able to set-up on campus or various places throughout the tampa bay area.

Marketing Vehicles:  

Newspapers (st. pete times and oracle)

Website (both athletics and main university site, alumni sites, and Message Boards

Campus flyers and signs

Coaches Talks - have coaches or a representative from the department go to various organizations or events (MOTL) and announce the "GREEN OUT" and ask for support.

Email Campaign:  Alumni, students, season ticket holders, and any other databases

Junior Bulls Club

The list goes on.  It is a lot of work but can be accomplished

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

now you are starting to sound like shoop.

by the way...did you happen to catch the Penn St game last week?  how sweet did that look?

Nebraska wears all red.  there are a few schools who do this and I think it looks great, specially on TV. 

i always, and will con tinue to email

I'll admit, PSU looked good.  But they SOUNDED better.  Those fans were LOUD.  That is what truly matters in the grand scheme of things.  ND was rattled because of the sound, not the White Shirts, remember that.  The whole white out thing isn't for every game either.  You have to realize that they promote it for one big game per year.  Last year I think it was for OSU.  Every other week in Happy Valley, people wear blue and white..........and that is my point of all of these posts.

I'll admit, PSU looked good.  But they SOUNDED better.  Those fans were LOUD.  That is what truly matters in the grand scheme of things.  ND was rattled because of the sound, not the White Shirts, remember that.  The whole white out thing isn't for every game either.  You have to realize that they promote it for one big game per year.  Last year I think it was for OSU.  Every other week in Happy Valley, people wear blue and white..........and that is my point of all of these posts.

yea but how much of their noise can be attributed to being fired up because of the sea of white.  plus it fires the players up to see that much unity among the fans. 

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

yea but how much of their noise can be attributed to being fired up because of the sea of white.  plus it fires the players up to see that much unity among the fans. 

i doubt the color would do much to pump up fans but i think the players would think its pretty cool and it would also be one helluva sight!!!

• Content Count:  122

I wear green to every game home and away. A stadium looks much better when it is primarily one color (e.g., Auburn, Tennessee, etc.)

We need to start the "Green Out" or "Go Green" campaign. It will create excitement for the casual fan or non fan. If it is marketed to the entire Tampa Bay area, it will create more of a buzz and get more people out for the game. Don't underestimate the extra amount of fans a marketing gimmick like this can generate.

• Content Count:  384

I will be sporting out our New  GREEN Bulls Tailgating Assoc. T-shirt. ;D

Archived