• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC game coming up,,, FIRST!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

Seems like a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves talking about the WVU game.  We were at the UNC game last year and it was not an easy win.  Unfortunately our Bulls seem to play down to the competition (anyone remember the Army game a few years back?).  I know this is a new team but the FIU game is still vivid in my mind from last year as well.  Have not seen UNC play this year but just hope we don't take them lightly.

Side note - went to the Auburn game and must give props to their fans.  After the game we heard not one bad word from the Auburn fans.  Just "Good game", "Great game", etc.  Classy people and great hosts.

Finish Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

Well, here's the thing......it's OK for the fans to look past UNC.  The WV threads are fun because of the national attention, the ranking implications, BE implications, record turn out, etc.

But after watching the Press Conferences from tuesday......the players seem to understand that they have to focus, be prepared, and beat UNC or all this hype is for nothing.  Trust me.......CJL will make sure they stay focused on UNC.  GO BULLS!!!!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's why I'm so glad we have this bye week now.  It gives us time to get over the win and focus.  Otherwise, the UNC game would be a classic trap game, sandwiched between two big games.

• Content Count:  1,297

It really does help to avoid the trap.

It will help the team to focus and to heal.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

A few points:

1. Fans talking about a game they are excited about is not "looking past" the next opponent.

2. UNC is below average, and there really is no need to "talk up" a team like that.

3. Last year's UNC game was not close at all. A quick look at the score and the stats revealed that we handled them fairly easily.

20-10 at halftime, 34-20 after 3 quarters, 37-20 final.

Total Yards: USF 417 UNC 285 \

Total Sacks By: USF 5 UNC 1

Time of Possession: USF: 33 min UNC 27 min

Turnovers: 2 and 2.

Don't get me wrong, I won't our players up and ready for every game, but to suggest that UNC is anywhere on our level is a bit ridiculous at this point in time.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

All I know is the last time everyone was looking ahead to the WVU game we blew out loud against UConn, thus blowing our shot at a BE "championship game". Granted this is a different team and I have more all around confidence in this team, but after that experience I do my best to not look past anybody.

One game at a time and FINISH STRONG!!!

• Content Count:  385

A few points:

1. Fans talking about a game they are excited about is not "looking past" the next opponent.

2. UNC is below average, and there really is no need to "talk up" a team like that.

3. Last year's UNC game was not close at all. A quick look at the score and the stats revealed that we handled them fairly easily.

Don't get me wrong, I won't our players up and ready for every game, but to suggest that UNC is anywhere on our level is a bit ridiculous at this point in time.

I don't care how many stats you throw out, any team can beat any other team on any given day, espeically in college football and that's what makes it great/scary.  Always overestimate your compitition.

• Content Count:  1,981

Looking past UNC will destroy us!

A few points:

I don't care how many stats you throw out, any team can beat any other team on any given day, espeically in college football and that's what makes it great/scary.  Always overestimate your compitition.

Well, although I am a big fan, none of the teams are really "my" competition... as such I can hope, dream, daydream, plan, talk about, discuss, anyone I really want.

Personally, I am really looking forward to the UNC game... the move to ESPN/2... the chance to see these Bulls in action... great stuff...

But I am also excited about WVU, FAU, UCF, Rutgers, U Conn, Cincy, Syracuse, Louisville, and Pitt... for differing reasons.

UNC --> The next home game, national TV, breakfast tailgate...

WVU --> First sellout, national audience, highest ranked home opponent ever

FAU --> Another road trip for me (#6)

UCF --> Another smackdown

Rutgers --> Thursday night, national audience, ranked opponent

U Conn --> Okay, hard to be excited for the Huskies... but we have 9 days off to prepare.

Cincy --> Homecoming!!

Syracuse --> Might be another road trip for me...

Louisville --> Should still be ranked, and probably better than they were against Mid Tenn State, dare I say "GameDay in Tampa" ??

Pittsburgh --> Thanksgiving weekend... possible cold weather... more anxious for this game than excited.

Still, the "any given Saturday" mantra always applies... See also: State, Appalachian....

Archived