• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Pittsburgh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone know how much a single ticket for the Pitt game costs? Also any airfare/travel suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  698

What area is school close to as far as booking a hotel? Also, is Pittsburgh a city that you don't need a car? Can I just take cab's and or trains or whatever they have?

• Content Count:  108

What area is school close to as far as booking a hotel? Also, is Pittsburgh a city that you don't need a car? Can I just take cab's and or trains or whatever they have?

The game is at Heinz Field which is across the river from downtown...about the same distance from Pitt campus as RayJay is from USF.  Best bet would be stay someplace downtown and walk to the game.  If you're doing any sightseeing other than the Andy Warhol Museum you'll need a car, not to mention the airport is about 20 miles out of town.

By the way...be sure to eat at Primanti Brothers. 

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

We were there in 2001 for our 1st big upset.  We stayed at the team hotel, Marriott, which was a easy walk (15 min)  Pittsburg has a free subway system through its small downtown, which we took back after the game, then walked two or three blocks from the station to the marriott.  There are closer hotels to the stadium though, like within a 5-10 minute walk. 

A car is not needed, but not sure how much the cab would be from the airport as it is 20-30 min from downtown.  I enjoyed our trip to pittsburgh, some neat places to visit, and is a very unique downtown.  I can't remember the night district we visited, but you can find out, they have a lot of cool restaurants and bars and is very close to downtown. 

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm from Pittsburgh.  There are several hotels in the downtown Pittsburgh area which are easy walks from Heinz field.  There is Sheraton Hotel in Station Square which is a ferry ride away from the field as well.  kIf you need a car there are plenty of car rental agencies in the city.  Good luck finding cheap air fare. I hae been checking and most of the cheap seats are gone.  We will probably drive, hope there's no snow, those WVA mountains are the pits.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  325

the closest hotel to the stadium(walking distance) is either the Springhill Suites on Federal St, next to the baseball park(some bars and restaurants) or the Marriott Courtyard in the theater district across the Allegheny river near downtown/Hilton( a bit of a walk  but not hard and over a bridge). 

there is a steak place called Hyde Park next to PNC Park,  Herbstreit swears by the one in Columbus.

The riverboat experience is nice but it will be late November, the Sheraton hotel is near a shopping/dining area called South Station.  You can take an incline from there to the top of Mt Washington to gets some great shots of the city.   

The majority of bar/restaurants are in the Strip District and along the South Side- Carson Street.

Also, the airport is about 24 miles from downtown.  There is public transportaion via bus service called the Airport Express, that takes passengers from the Airport to downtown. 

Not sure how much is public parking is for the Panthers games but for the Steelers, they are charging around $30 dollars a space, close to the stadium.

Pittsburgh campus is about 5 miles from downtown in a area called Oakland.  It is near the site of Forbes field.  There is still a wall still standing.

I cannot comment on the Adult entertainment around here but I would  say save your dollar bills for Tampa.

• 2 weeks later...

Springhill suites has nice rates, we will probable stay there or at the team hotel if I can get decent rates

Here's hoping for a daylight game, if so I can go to my hs reunion, however Bulls game is the reason for the trip, Go Bulls Finish Strong- crush the orange, kill the cards and declaw the panthers

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

bulls need to beat this underdog

losing on road to inferior teams needs to end

Archived