• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, here's who we're rooting to lose this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think we'll slide in, no problemo.

App State stole a few of the votes that could have been ours, that is for sure.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

If we continue to win, the rankings will take care of themselves.  When we take care of West Viriginia, the voters will have to take notice.

• Content Count:  4,501

Just a WAG but I think at least in the coaches poll we will get more votes especially if Auburn wins big.  Remember our game was so late that many of the coaches probably didn't take note and the poll still had Auburn ahead of us.  We also have had a week of big time media coverage so I would also expect to gewet a few more votes. 

So look for us to slid into the top 25 this week.

• Content Count:  4,642

we'll probably get shafted anyways even if we win against unc and wvu.  we'll end up something like 21.  popularity contests are hard to win if no one cares about you.

• Content Count:  645

AP Top 25 (20 - 25)

20. Clemson

And, here's who they are playing:

Clemson vs. Furman (no loss here).

Probably won't happen, but don't count out Furman.  They play in the same conference as App. State and have won the I-AA National championship before.  I don't think they are great this year, but they are in the same state as Clemson and fight sort of the same fight as the Bulls do in getting respect.

• Content Count:  7,890

if we manage to beat UNC and WVU, there's no way we're not in the top 15.

IF?? There's no IF its WHEN

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf controls their own destiny

usf needs to win next 2 games and they will be top 15 team passing rutgers along the way

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I personally am OK with not being ranked for one more week if it means that Tennessee went into the Swamp and knocked off the Gators. I know, I should be thinking of the greater good here, but after Urban's comments, I would be OK with one more week of only receiving votes.

Maybe he didn't mean anything by it, but it's just a little off..."I think they are already there," Meyer said. "Every time I go in Tampa recruiting, (Leavitt) is there. Coach Leavitt, I know him very well. I just admire guys who work hard, and I think he's doing a good job. I coached against him one time and he beat us. ... His guys, they are not cheaters, they don't do it the wrong way, or I haven't seen them. If I knew, I'd lose that respect for him. But I think they've got a good program. A very good program."

• Content Count:  849

hey im all about the big east....and hate when people bash it because it is a really good conference........but i dont understand how u can say the SEC isnt the best conference in college football.........they are stacked.......and they dont win the national championship every year cause they beat the crap out of eachother.......much like the big east is gonna do this year

I'm not saying they are not the best, however that's my point exactly, they beat up on each other and don't play anyone outside of conference. Do you realize that USF (11 year old program) beat Auburn (116 year old program) @ Jordan-Hare. Auburn was ranked number 2 in the nation last year for a good portion of the year and beat LSU and UF.

We're a great team and I believe we are better than Auburn, but Auburn is still one of the better teams in the SEC, perhaps the 3rd best team in the SEC. They will beat Georgia.

• Content Count:  99

I personally am OK with not being ranked for one more week if it means that Tennessee went into the Swamp and knocked off the Gators. I know, I should be thinking of the greater good here, but after Urban's comments, I would be OK with one more week of only receiving votes.

Maybe he didn't mean anything by it, but it's just a little off..."I think they are already there," Meyer said. "Every time I go in Tampa recruiting, (Leavitt) is there. Coach Leavitt, I know him very well. I just admire guys who work hard, and I think he's doing a good job. I coached against him one time and he beat us. ... His guys, they are not cheaters, they don't do it the wrong way, or I haven't seen them. If I knew, I'd lose that respect for him. But I think they've got a good program. A very good program."

I don't get it. It sounds like a compliment to me???

hey im all about the big east....and hate when people bash it because it is a really good conference........but i dont understand how u can say the SEC isnt the best conference in college football.........they are stacked.......and they dont win the national championship every year cause they beat the crap out of eachother.......much like the big east is gonna do this year

I'm not saying they are not the best, however that's my point exactly, they beat up on each other and don't play anyone outside of conference. Do you realize that USF (11 year old program) beat Auburn (116 year old program) @ Jordan-Hare. Auburn was ranked number 2 in the nation last year for a good portion of the year and beat LSU and UF.

We're a great team and I believe we are better than Auburn, but Auburn is still one of the better teams in the SEC, perhaps the 3rd best team in the SEC. They will beat Georgia.

Auburn is a very good team and have one of the top 10 best defenses in the country, USF does also. Their qb play was atrocious much like ours was before Grothe. Its hard to win with a bad qb. This year their running game isn't as good as last year so that puts that much more on Cox than last year. Another thing that I don't think people on this board are understanding is that we had a whole offseason to gameplan for Auburn. We showed nothing against Elon. I think I heard we ran base defense all night and about 7 offensive plays. This was a huge game to us. Auburn on the other hand played K-state the week before so they couldn't worry about us all offseason and this game didn't mean as much to them. The game wasn't even sold out that is how much their fans thought of us before the game. I think we are a great team, but I don't think we are to the level of being able to play SEC competition week in and week out and go in to environments like Auburn and come out with wins week in and week out. So I am definetly a propenent of the SEC beats up on each other week in and week out. You know how hard it would be to do that every week and finish the season with 0 or 1 losses...almost impossible.

I think there is also a misconception about the SEC never playing anyone OOC. What have been the biggest matchups the first two weeks?

Tenn-Cal, GA-OSU, Auburn-Kstate, Auburn-USF, LSU-Va Tech.

but we will hear all year how they never play anybody OOC.

Sorry if I am sounding like an SEC homer but I feel like its true.

I do think the Big East is by far and away the 2nd best BCS conf. We have 5 legit teams that should be ranked and def don't get the respect we deserve, but its slowly coming if we can keep it up as a conference

Archived