• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Okay, here's who we're rooting to lose this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

AP Top 25 (20 - 25)

20. Clemson

21. Boston College

22. Tennessee

23. Georgia

24. Hawaii

25. Texas A&M

And, here's who they are playing:

Clemson vs. Furman (no loss here).

Boston College at Georgia Tech

Tennessee at Florida

Georgia vs Western Carolina (no loss here).

Hawaii at UNLV

Texas A&M vs La-Monroe (no loss here).

So, hoping for Georgia Tech, Florida, and UNLV wins and no other teams 'jumping over' USF in votes that aren't ranked in the Top 25. Thinking Washington over Ohio State may give them that jump. So, USF may just have to beat North Carolina and West Virginia to get into that Top 25 ranking. Apparently, USF isn't going to get much love and is going to have to earn their spot (even though I believe they did just that by beating Auburn away).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

dont forget about the other teams who are also receiving votes and who they are playing.

i know if washington wins again there is a good chance they jump into the top 25 ahead of us since we are off this week.

• Content Count:  3,403

If Alabama beats Arkansas they would probably jump us as well.  SEC gets too much credit.  Look at the South Carolina bump.

Anyway, all we need is 1 more to lose than win out of those 5 critical games.  In other words, we need a 3-2 record to be ranked.  Also, I think we'll get a bump because more people will realize we should at least be ahead of Auburn (in coaches poll, where we might need 2 more to go our way than not) and the late game time will count for less and we'll get a few more votes from Auburn.

There is a high possibility we will be ranked this week.  Only 2 teams can jump us and 3 teams can very likely drop out of the top 25 by losing.

• Content Count:  1,911

if we manage to beat UNC and WVU, there's no way we're not in the top 15.

• Content Count:  849

If Alabama beats Arkansas they would probably jump us as well.  SEC gets too much credit.  Look at the South Carolina bump.

Anyway, all we need is 1 more to lose than win out of those 5 critical games.  In other words, we need a 3-2 record to be ranked.  Also, I think we'll get a bump because more people will realize we should at least be ahead of Auburn (in coaches poll, where we might need 2 more to go our way than not) and the late game time will count for less and we'll get a few more votes from Auburn.

There is a high possibility we will be ranked this week.  Only 2 teams can jump us and 3 teams can very likely drop out of the top 25 by losing.

You're right, the belief that the SEC is the greatest conference is forced down our throats by the media. If the SEC is the greatest, why doesn't the SEC champion win the national title every year? The SEC has 3 national champions in the last 10 years including Gators win last year, that's the same number as the Big 12. The Pac-10 and the Big 10 both have 2 and the ACC and Big East have one.

Granted the SEC is good, but how do we know how good they are when only a few teams in that conference play anybody OOC that is good. They SEC only beat up on each other.  How do we know if Arkansas is good if they're entire OOC schedule are bunch of scrubs, then they beat up on the SEC bottom feeders...that's good enough for 7 wins and they are a bowl team. Teams like LSU, UF, and Auburn, I will admit that they are good teams, but I'm not sold on Bama, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina, or Tennessee(they used to be good).

Arkansas has 6 automatic victories on their schedule, maybe 7, cause I don't think kentucky is all that great either (but their qb is pretty good). Kentucky has 5 automatic wins on their schedule

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Also root for #19 Oregon to lose to Fresno St. (they almost beat aTm), so it could happen, but not likely.  Also root for Ohio against # 18 VT.  I think there is a 98% chance USF will be ranked next week with at least 2 teams losing (Tenn and BC), and possibly 3 teams losing (Hawaii at UNLV).  All we have to do is sit back and watch other teams lose, without even playing.  We have a good head start on Washington and Ala, so I am not sure they jump us even if they do both win, which is highly unlikely.

• Content Count:  594

You all should join me in rooting for #17/#18 Virginia Tech to lose to the Ohio Bobcats, too :-)

• Content Count:  1,251

hey im all about the big east....and hate when people bash it because it is a really good conference........but i dont understand how u can say the SEC isnt the best conference in college football.........they are stacked.......and they dont win the national championship every year cause they beat the crap out of eachother.......much like the big east is gonna do this year

Archived