• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Our Auburn Trip Diary - "Parents Without Children"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It's not just Auburn that has really nice, gracious fans. Anyone who went to the Oklahoma game a few years back said the same things about the OU fans that everyone is saying about the Auburn fans. They were great too.

I wish we could get more of our students to visit some of these traditional college atmospheres so they can see how to treat the other team's fans. We should keep the "chip on our shoulder" attitude to what happens on the field.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I wish we could get more of our students to visit some of these traditional college atmospheres so they can see how to treat the other team's fans. We should keep the "chip on our shoulder" attitude to what happens on the field.

ok, ive been sitting here and reading post after post about how our students should ask more like these other programs...

save it.

all these programs have GENERATIONS of tradition and the students can EASILY follow LARGE alumni group leads.  Our students do not have any big groups setting good examples of how they need to act.  I know its not an excuse for outlandish behavior but at the same time, you have to realize that at big schools like those mentioned...there is enough demand for tickets outside of the students that the students who do go are college football FANS.  id say about half of our students who attend games arent really USF bulls fans at first.  They go because of the party type atmosphere and all their friends are there.  we do have plenty of students who are good fans and treat others with respect.  but it is a growing process just like anything. 

the same thing could be said about our alumni (not you guys on this site so relax :) )  compared to a school like auburn's alumni.  much more orgainzed, much bigger groups, much more tradition, much more visable and can set examples for how you need to act at these games. 

if you look around rayjay in recent years you see the student section and then a few solid sections of alumni but then empty seats or seats filled with casual and quiet fans.

just like you cant compare USF pregame traditions with Auburn; you cant compare fan behavior either.  our fans are still learning how to be college football fans. 

• Content Count:  16

ok, ive been sitting here and reading post after post about how our students should ask more like these other programs...

save it.

all these programs have GENERATIONS of tradition and the students can EASILY follow LARGE alumni group leads.  Our students do not have any big groups setting good examples of how they need to act.  I know its not an excuse for outlandish behavior but at the same time, you have to realize that at big schools like those mentioned...there is enough demand for tickets outside of the students that the students who do go are college football FANS.  id say about half of our students who attend games arent really USF bulls fans at first.  They go because of the party type atmosphere and all their friends are there.  we do have plenty of students who are good fans and treat others with respect.  but it is a growing process just like anything. 

the same thing could be said about our alumni (not you guys on this site so relax :) )  compared to a school like auburn's alumni.  much more orgainzed, much bigger groups, much more tradition, much more visable and can set examples for how you need to act at these games. 

if you look around rayjay in recent years you see the student section and then a few solid sections of alumni but then empty seats or seats filled with casual and quiet fans.

just like you cant compare USF pregame traditions with Auburn; you cant compare fan behavior either.  our fans are still learning how to be college football fans. 

great post. i understand that au showed more class than a lot of you are used to, but there are a couple of things to remember:

usf didn't elicit even half of the emotions from their fans that bama, lsu, uga, etc. would. they can get downright nasty too when it comes down to it.

also, i think one of auburn's biggest problems is that they're too hung up on tradition and those antiquated eras of the game. times have changed and i think their failure to embrace it costs them at times (particularly in recruiting...they never recruit that well). personally, i like to go back and forth with the away fans and, had i been at the game, i would have been chanting "Big East football...clap, clap, clap-clap-clap" the entire way out and reminding them that they had to go back to their trailer parks and cow pastures while i would be cruising back to the lovely beaches of FLA. it's all in good fun.

i hope our fan base/students don't feel like they have to force tradition after one experience up at the barn. those things are best when they come naturally. usf is a more progressive program from a much more progressive city....we should embrace that instead of fighting it.

• Content Count:  12,421
  • Days Won:  25

Great read! You obviously got the better end of the alumni experience.

We were parked in front of an ex player(quaterback). I didn't get his name because he was the biggest butt-wipe we saw all weekend.

As our small caravan pulled in from Columbus we were in the first row accross from the alumni tailgate. There was an opening with a USF tent and room for my car and tent so I backed in. The fellow with the USF hat and tent guided us in and told us to set up next to our car. "Great idea!" I thought.

A few minutes later this guy pulls up and starts to raise hell with the gentleman that told us to park.

Found out he was the dad of the ex Auburn player. This guy cussed his dad for ten minutes and his wife NEVER stopped complaining. EVERY other person was very cordial

Now all we need to do is teach our younger fans a word that doesn't start with F, because some of us do take our kids.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...that is awesome, man!

• Content Count:  4,642

looks like an awesome time.  i think everyone had fun that weekend no matter what

• Content Count:  398

I'd say for the most part they were great fans. But I will always remember being on the first bus of the HOT caravan and getting group after group of AU fans giving us the finger and yelling at us. My first impression was definitely not the best one.

• Content Count:  5,241

Thats a great story.

The key thing I took away from Auburn fans is we need tons of generators and TV's hooked up to direct tv to get even more football while tailgating.

• Content Count:  4

UNC Eats It....we sat next to you and had a great time.  (We were the two girls with our husband/fiance...)  You and your wife were great people to sit with!

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UNC Eats It....we sat next to you and had a great time.  (We were the two girls with our husband/fiance...)  You and your wife were great people to sit with!

Oh cool!  Yeah, you guys were totally awesome to sit next to.  I'm glad I was next to true Bulls fans who knew what was going on!

;D ;D ;D

Archived