• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How I saved $ on FAU tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

They've got a family special 4 tix + hot dogs + sodas + chips for $55. Which is great.

I go to fricking ticketmaster to buy, they want to charge $74!!!! 3.75/ticket + 4 fee. That's like a 40% charge.

I find the FAU ticket office number 1-866-FAU-OWLS. They give me the same tickets for one $5 fee. They will mail in a week.

I don't know if that family thing is kids tix or what, I'm bringing children so I don't care. But either way avoid ticketmaster.

• Content Count:  1,142

That's a fantastic deal!!!  BUT are you going to be sitting with other Bulls fans or does that not matter for the price?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

From what I hear, FAU's attendance sucks, and we'll be the majority in their soccer stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Guys, here's the deal.  I hate to cut USF out of some sales, but I too bought this package.  The USF allocation is in section 125.  The FAU ticket office told me that section 126 is a general admission section designated for the visitors.  If you buy a general admission ticket (which the family package is), you will be able to sit in section 126 or 127 which will be full of Bulls.  This saved me enough so I can afford to go to the Alumni tailgate ($35 this year by the way).

lockhart_seating-504.jpg

FAU is bringing in like 7000/game attendance, which is probably really more like <5000. As long as we keep this mo' going, you will be sitting next to bulls fans wherever you are in Lockhart. I think it only holds like 15000-20000 total.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

That's great that you saved some cash, but now USF will not sell those tickets... meaning the perception will be continued that we don't travel well.

You should NEVER buy through the opposing team's ticket office OR through Ticketmaster... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy through USF's ticket office for USF away games.  That's the only way we get credit for the sale!

When we can't sell out our allotment for FAU, that will look bad.

But hey, you got a hot dog out of it!  ;-)

(I'm just giving you a hard time... but honestly, that's why it's important to buy thru USF)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Eats It has a point, but its a lot cheaper especially if you're bringing kids.  This might actually get my group (sister, hubby, and their two kids) down to the game.  I doubt they would actually go otherwise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Eats It, I hear you.  This is the first time I have not bought away tickets from USF.

Anyhow, here are some photos from their game against conference foe MTSU.  It looks like there is absolutely no one in the east end zone.  That will be full of Bulls come 10/6.

BTW, Lockhart holds 20,000 - 4,000 reserved on each sideline and 5,000 general admission in each end zone.  Think USF Soccer Stadium with stands on all 4 sides instead of 1.

http://fausports.cstv.com/view.gal?id=15073&template=player_gallery

• Content Count:  29

The East end zone at Lockhart is always empty, mainly because you're looking directly into the setting sun during our 4 p.m. games. You guys shouldn't have any trouble sitting in those sections, unless of course the ushers decide to be jerks (which happens all the time, even to us Owls).

We had over 11,000 for our season opener against Middle Tennessee, granted not great, but much better than previous years. We're expecting a much bigger turnout for USF, plus your 4,000-5,000 we should have a sellout by game day.

I understand your point about buying through USF. I have for every other game I've gone to. The problem I had with USF is that for this game the only ticket they offered was the most expensive one, $30. $60 for 2 kids to go to FAU would have probably pushed me towards not going.

Children get in there apparently for $13.50 any game. But, if I went through USF, I wouldn't have had that option. I hope this is something we could look at in the future when we go to FIU, back to FAU, etc.

Archived