• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was Mike Jenkins really out on that INT?

Sunil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Quick question: I've heard a couple of ppl who watched the game on TV say that they didn't think Jenkins stepped out of bounds on that INT. At the stadium, I don't remember there being a replay on the jumbotron, and it was too close to tell from the stands. In looking at the highlight on youtube, can't really tell...but it doesn't look like he was out of bounds. Can someone who DVR'd the game tell me if he was truly out? Was surprised that there was no referee review....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

I too was at the game and could not tell when I was there but when I watched a few times at home and it was close but I think he was out.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Personally, I don't think he was. The replay wasn't clear, but maybe just maybe his foot touched the line when he jumped, a la Mike Ford's 48 yd run vs. Elon.

It's not clear, and it probably never will be.

• Content Count:  919

I think it should have been a TD.  In the view from the sideline above, his last step before diving for the endzone was about the 4 yd line and I can see green between his shoe and the sideline.  He dove and the ball hit the pylon (sp?).  TD.

• Content Count:  5,241

Watching that play over when I got home, it seemed very clear he stepped out when he jumped for it, but Ill take another look.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Whether he was in or out he made a great play.  He also had a couple huge hits.  Guess Mike decided to become an all-around corner.  :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Looked to me like he stepped on the line, although a little further back than where they spotted it ... Stiill a helluva play on MJ's part to tuck inside the pylon. 

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

He was definitely out, everyone keeps looking at the one where he is close, but he steps ALL the way out at the 4 yard line.

• Content Count:  919

The replay they kept showing on the broadcast was from field level and it wasn't clear.  In fact, from that view I would say he stepped out.  But when I slow-moed the replay of the int from the original camera angle of the live shot, he clearly looks in bounds.  

Archived