• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

OK we have our annual upset...now comes the stupid loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i just think at the point in the season that the Pitt game falls...they could be very easily playing for a bowl bid and most likely their coaches job.  up north in the cold weather, etc.  just not a good look for us

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I wouldn't put Army in that same category.  We already had two losses by the time we lost to Army.  The Kansas loss was the first of the year if I'm not mistaken, and the UConn loss took the Big East title chance away from us.  The Army loss was terrible, don't get me wrong, but didn't mean as much as those other two in my mind. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not gonna happen this year.  No comparison to any of our past teams to this year's.  We have a complete team this year and we have depth everywhere.  At Uconn 2 years ago we were playing with a patched up line plus we were using a 3rd string center as our 4th string TE and he ended up playing a lot of snaps.  We were decimated in that game.  Even last year against KU we were missing 3 key guys that were being counted on to be key contributors plus we had our Freshman QB making his first real road start with virtually no backfield.  

We went into Auburn missing 2 starters on the OL, had a couple of others go down during the game and we still had experienced, quality players in the game.  Big difference from years past.  The only way we lose one of those games this year is if Severino is starting at QB and we are forced to use Tyson Butler as our only RB.  That's pretty much what we went into kansas with on offense last year.  Ain't gonna happen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Cincy is the game that worries me the most. They only lost to ranked teams last year other than Pitt, and they played some top-20 teams pretty closely. They smothered us when they played us. And, they just drubbed Oregon State. Cincy would have had as good a record as ours with our schedule last year, at least, and they're going to be the team to watch out for this year even though they're not getting any press.

We'll see if UCF's win over NC State was worth its weight when they play host to a less-than-glorious Texas this week. That'd be the only other team that could lay mild claim to a place on the upset-o-meter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Cincy is the game that worries me the most. They only lost to ranked teams last year other than Pitt, and they played some top-20 teams pretty closely. They smothered us when they played us. And, they just drubbed Oregon State. Cincy would have had as good a record as ours with our schedule last year, at least, and they're going to be the team to watch out for this year even though they're not getting any press.

We'll see if UCF's win over NC State was worth its weight when they play host to a less-than-glorious Texas this week. That'd be the only other team that could lay mild claim to a place on the upset-o-meter.

I'd have to throw Pitt in there because of the weather possibility....

• Content Count:  1,165

I'll agree with cinci. They seem like USF, just two years or so behind. Especially after last year, we wont overlook them, but they could give us a run for our money still

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Cincinnati scares me more than Pitt, even though we have them at home and Pitt might be cold weather.  They are simply a much better team at this point than the Panthers are.  I never thought I'd say that about a Bearcat team, but I just did............. :o

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I find it kind of amazing people want to use a loss against army several years ago as a reason this team will trip up.  First of all, hardly any of the current roster was even on the team then, so it has absolutely nothing to do with this year.  Don't compare/use a long ago loss to army to come to any sort of conclusions about this team.  I wouldn't even use Uconn 2 years ago, that also was a completely different team with PJ at QB.  Totally different makeup of team.  To compare it to this year's team is ludicrous in my opinion.  I can understand comparing last years loss at KU to this year, since there was a lot of the same players on this years team, but our team was very inexperienced at that time and was missing key players.  That is the only loss that you could say even remotely has anything to do with this year's team.  And let's not forget, even though it was KU, we played them on the road, where they had won 9 straight at home and had beaten some very good B12 teams, including nebraska, and had gone to bowls and/or were bowl eligible.     

• Content Count:  12,293

we arent using army against our current team...just using it as "things happen" type game.

for all schools.

army is just one of those games that we thought would be a cakewalk and we lose it.  nothing against our current players or that they will let it happen again. 

• Content Count:  1,457

Pitt - when we play in the arctic tundra in November it will be VERY cold and our southern boys may just freeze.  We must hope for an indian summer in November 55 and sunny would be nice and secure the win.  35 and snowy is the pits!

Archived