What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

How did you feel about CJL's decision to kick for the tie?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,378
  • Days Won:  36

it took alot of faith and guts-- that's for sure.

coach stuck with his player and basically told the whole team that they cannot give up because something goes wrong. THey have to be ready to try again and they need to be successful

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  18,378
  • Days Won:  36

in retrospect-- it may have been the most important thing he has ever done

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

in retrospect-- it may have been the most important thing he has ever done

.....In a lot more ways than just for this game.  That is going to give Delbert the confidence he may need at some time during the season to win a game or 2 for us.

I thought it was a good idea because of how well the defense had been playing.  He basically said.  Defense, go stop them like you have been doing all night and the offense will win it for uss....That showed great confidence in his entire team.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I felt confident....

It was the right call IMO.

• Content Count:  5,827
  • Days Won:  5

Seriously? Come on, I wanted to go for the win right there. The book says go for the win on the road. I am glad I'm not in charge. I agree that by kicking, he showed a lot of faith in Delbert as well as the rest of the team. He showed them that just like they are out there playing their guts out for him, he is right there behind each and every one of them.

Again, I didn't agree at the time, but when he made the kick, I got a chill. I know huger isn't a word, but that was huger than any individual player moment in USF history.

I find it hard to believe that everyone on this board was behind the decision all the way. The offense wasn't even convinced.

• Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  1

If there was ever a clearer version of go for the win I have never seen it. In the post game comments CJL came up with "I don't know" when talking about it. It all worked out for the best but there was no rational reason to believe DA was going to make the kick and if he did we just get into a possible battle of field goals which would have been akin to suicide.

We played the whole game very close to the vest so I guess it was no real surprise but I wish we would have just gone for the win from the beginning of the series. A couple shots at the endzone (I believe some play action passing) would have done wonders, really I would have loved to have seen some at any point in the 4Q with the field position we had. Anyway gott love the faith he had in DA, he was the only one who had any, just look at the players when the decision was made to see how they felt about it. If DA misses that kick he was in danger of losing more than the game. JMOFWIW

Archived