• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OrlandoSentinel.com: Why USF's early success is good for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2007/09/why-usfs-early-.html

I've gotten a lot of email referring me to the wars I guess is taking place on the message boards between UCF and USF faithful after the Bulls 26-23 upset at Auburn.

I understand beefing that's ensuing from UCF's side of the map, which of course refuses to acknowledge USF's success, but to UCF fans I would say only one thing: This is good for your program.

Like it or not, USF doesn't view you as a rival right now. And like it or not, USF has a great chance of making some serious noise nationally because of the conference they play in. Likewise, with UCF playing very well to start the season, imagine what your first win over a program with that kind of hype  could do for your own profile.

To beat a team that is beating SEC programs would be a big boost perception-wise for the Knights program, not to mention perhaps entice the Bulls to resume the series down the road.

Just my quick take. Feel free to chime in.

Stay tuned...

;D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

A new all time low has been reached by the Kniggets. Now USF's real victories are moral victories for UCiF, just because USF is required to play them?

Unbelievable. Next thing you know, they'll claim whatever USF accomplishes as a moral victory because they can watch some of the games on TV or something.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Like it or not, USF doesn't view you as a rival right now.

Hightower's more on top of things than I've given him credit for ....

• Content Count:  823

They are grasping to hope so bad. I almost feel bad for them. Its sad to see people that delusional.

• Content Count:  936

They are grasping to hope so bad. I almost feel bad for them. Its sad to see people that delusional.

LOL! Yes. I must agree.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This is without doubt the most pathetic thing I've ever read.  UCF fans and the Orlando sentinel staff are dilusional as hell. I hope we beat them by 60 this year.

• Content Count:  1,911

If you think that's pathetic you should have seen the SunSports show last night. They tried hard to lump them in with us, herlding their win against NCSt (3-9 last year) as some kind of signature win...amazingly enough neither of their homer writers went with that saying there is a legit big 4, but the big 5 is a ways off...bianci even ripped O'leary's record since being there.

• Content Count:  12,293

its funny.  the only shots UCF can take at us is about our stadium???  i see it all over their board, yea USF is good but we have a stadium.  LOL.

i guess, when we finally build our OCS we will once again show those UCFers how things are done the right way.

• Content Count:  172

UCF'ers are too funny. I laughed as I read their post. They need to focus on their own team and not worry about USF. One would think that they would want to follow in our footsteps and look up to USF as a model on how to build a program. Hiring a "big" name coach is not the answer. I wish UCF good luck in their tough C-USA with the likes of SMU..

Maybe they should try to pick on FAU or FIU for a rival.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

When we were at UCF's level, an NC State win would have been as big for us as it was for them.  You think USC or LSU is impressed with our victory over Auburn?  Let them have thier victory.  It has nothing to do with us.  And that wasn't a bad article.  For them to see a chance to beat us when we are ranked is not delusional.  Thinking they will beat us at all is, but only from this side.

I am glad to see them doing well.  Like I said, it has nothing to do with us.  Unless, of course, you consider them our rivals.  You don't, do you?  Some of you sound like it...

Archived