• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Start making holiday plans around USF -- NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

im there if its one of these

Dec. 29 / 1 p.m. -- Meineke Car Care Bowl -- Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 31 / 2 p.m. -- El Paso, Texas -- Sun Bowl    (only if Gator Bowl takes a Big 12 team)

Jan. 1 / 1 p.m. -- Jacksonville, Fla. -- Gator Bowl   

Jan. 1 / 8:30 p.m. -- New Orleans, La. -- Allstate Sugar Bowl

Jan. 2 / 8 p.m. -- Phoenix, Ariz. -- Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

Jan. 3 / 8 p.m. -- Miami, Fla -- FedEx Orange Bowl

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Gator Bowl is a real possibility, even with politics factored in. Figure the Bulls would have to go 10-2 to get there, losing two of three to Rutgers, WVU, and Louisville. If USF could get 5,000 people to a crappy bowl in Birmingham two days before Christmas, you have to think they could figure out a way to get 10,000 people to a good bowl in Jacksonville on New Year's. Also if FSU is in the mix for that game, it would be almost irresistable to get them matched up.

Jim, what about the bowl in Houston? Rutgers played in it last year - has that flipped back over to the Big 12?

I think our showing at the Auburn game this year may open alot of bowl committees' eyes too. I think I heard the TV say we traveled 3200, and I know we looked and sounded GREAT on TV.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not to get too carried away, but realistically, we could beat 2 top 5 teams this season (at the time we play them), I think we will be in the low 20's on Monday, beat UNC, up to 17-18, beat WVU, up to 12ish, Rutgers 6-7, UL could put us up there with a little help.

Obviously we are a long way from undefeated, but in theory, I don't think we would be behind a 1-loss team if the Big East stays strong. The great part about being in the BCS is that there is always that chance.

After about week four or five it becomes very hard to move up the polls... you need to beat teams ranked ahead of you (WVU, Rutgers and Louisville)... and you also need other teams ranked ahead of you to lose... that doesn't always happen.

I have not gone through an in-depth analysis of the ranked teams and their schedules... but, for example, Florida could lose to LSU in the regular season, win out and beat LSU in the SEC championship and still be ranked ahead of us...

Archived