• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Not being top 25 isnt so bad.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

The boys will play with a bigger chip on their shoulder than maybe what was already there. If I am Butch Davis, I am scared out of my witts, USF is gonna want to come out and smoke em and show the world they should be ranked.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

The boys will play with a bigger chip on their shoulder than maybe what was already there. If I am Butch Davis, I am scared out of my witts, USF is gonna want to come out and smoke em and show the world they should be ranked.

True....

We need a score that looks something like 45-3.

• Content Count:  42

I think that if Jewbull played in the game we would kill them.  I have seen him, he is one tough SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  3,103

I think that if Jewbull played in the game we would kill them.  I have seen him, he is one tough SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry Jonas I just fell out of my chair laughing, if we wanna win, don't put Jewbull near the ball.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I definitely I agree with this topic....

We should just sit still and hold off.  Personally I hoped we are not ranked once we beat UNC.  Then, I want us to kill WVU on National TV to a packed home crowd (of which I will be proudly in stands with a beer in hand) and show the world.  Think about it, 4 wins, two against top 20 teams.  If that doesn't launch you into the top 20 (notice I don't say top 25) then what will.  We need a loud statement win and being 4 and 0 after that game is just what the doctor ordered.......

• Content Count:  1,911

I definitely I agree with this topic....

We should just sit still and hold off.  Personally I hoped we are not ranked once we beat UNC.  Then, I want us to kill WVU on National TV to a packed home crowd (of which I will be proudly in stands with a beer in hand) and show the world.  Think about it, 4 wins, two against top 20 teams.  If that doesn't launch you into the top 20 (notice I don't say top 25) then what will.  We need a loud statement win and being 4 and 0 after that game is just what the doctor ordered.......

I think if a team beats #17 auburn at auburn and then beats #4 WVU, they would deserve to be in the top 15 at least...but probably somewhere around 12-13...we'll need to take care of UNC first though.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Just win and everything else will take care of itself.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I disagree!  I believe at the very least that we should have been ranked.  We are ranked 26th.  To my way of thinking that is a slap in the face. 

I don't think we necessarily should be ranked in the top 20, yet, but definitely in the top 25.  This is just my opinion, not that of the pollsters.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

It would be nice to have been ranked, but be sure that CJL uses this to his advantage in the locker room and practice fields.  It might be a blessing in disguise at this point in the season.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

in the past (as someone already posted) after a big win or positive press we have always seemed to fall off.  Usally with a loss that shouldnt have happened, or at least a tough game.  I would personally rather see us earn a top ranking and take time to get there, and possibly stay there.  The draw back of peaking too soon is they are just waiting for a mistake.  Ie, get to a top 20, then have a loss, and never return.  It is better to lose to a good competitor later on so you can have a more solid winning streak behind you.  For example, since most don't know who USF is, if we get to a top 25 status soon adn then lose a game and drop to say 3 - 1, I believe that is a lot worse than building up and being on teh top 25 for a few weeks with a 6 - 0 record then dropping a game to make you 6 - 1.  By then you are assured a bowl game, have some quality wins against oppoents with quality wins, and it isn't a fluke. 

We know we are a good team, and the Bulls will surprise us durng the season.  But there is a good chance we will lose 1 or 2 games during the seasn so it is a question of when and against who.  And how far do we want to fall?

Archived