• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Washington Post: South Florida's Upset Of Auburn Is a Shocker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

It's an overall article on college football, but that is the headline from the Washington Post...

South Florida's Upset Of Auburn Is a Shocker

Monday, September 10, 2007; Page E08

Over the past two years, South Florida has earned upsets against West Virginia and Louisville, but the victory that will resonate the most across the country occurred Saturday night, when the Bulls achieved a 26-23 overtime win against Auburn, a traditional Southeastern Conference power.

"I grew up in the South, so this win was bigger because I had never played or coached against Auburn," South Florida Coach Jim Leavitt said after the game. "This is special for me because of where I was raised."

The Bulls overcame a poor kicking performance by Delbert Alvarado, who missed four field goal attempts in the second half, to earn the most significant victory in the 11-year history of the program. With critical games against West Virginia and Louisville at home, South Florida looks like a serious contender in the Big East.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Great victory, but it was only a shocker if you haven't been paying attention.

Archived