• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too bad we don't have SEC speed....

Sunil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

While most of the Auburn fans were classy, while walking into the stadium more than one of them taunted us with chants of "welcome to divison 1a football" or "This isn't the Big East, this is SEC..you'll learn what that means tonight". My favorite was the "you haven't seen SEC speed..." because we've been reading that from their posters for weeks. All the while, we here in Bull Country know for a fact that if we lose...it's not because we weren't fast enough; we're faster than most teams in the country. Anyhow, reading the following quote felt really nice, thought I would share:

..."Perhaps the most telling comment to come out of the game came from the Auburn junior wide receiver Robert Dunn.

“They are a great team,†Dunn said. “They grinded out the whole game and came at us with everything they had. They were a really fast team.â€Â

And when a player from the SEC, considered the speediest conference in the country, says that a team is fast, he is speaking as someone who knows what fast is. South Florida started its program in 1997. Having access to the state’s seemingly boundless crop of fast and talented recruits was part of the allure of beginning a program in Tampa.

The Bulls have a future all-American at quarterback in Matt Grothe and a defense with N.F.L.-caliber talent at secondary and linebacker. ..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/10/sports/ncaafootball/10colleges.html?ref=ncaafootball

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

IDK why they didnt think we were fast.  Apparently they didnt watch the WVU game.

The only team i have really watched that is faster then us is LSU.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

:ROFLMAO

Yeah......looks like the SEC fans are going to have to stop talking so incessantly about that "SEC speed," because that "SEC speed" wasn't quite able to match up with that "Big East speed."

Louisville has a lot of it too, as does West Virginia, Rutgers, and Cincinnati (especially on defense).

big_east_logo.jpgobm000074.jpg

• Content Count:  1,142

OK, I was looking for a place to post this and it seems like this would be the best spot.  My brother-in-law is a Gator...I know, I know, but USF didn't have the program he is in.  Anyways, he supports us and sent this to me from the Gator's message board.  http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=192607 

• Content Count:  3,078

:ROFLMAO

Yeah......looks like the SEC fans are going to have to stop talking so incessantly about that "SEC speed," because that "SEC speed" wasn't quite able to match up with that "Big East speed."

Louisville has a lot of it too, as does West Virginia, Rutgers, and Cincinnati (especially on defense).

i dont know that i would throw Louisville in that list yet... there defense got shredded apart by Middle Tennessee State (MTSU lost to FAU!!)

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No question as far as speed. I buy the SEC speed theory, ask Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech if it exists. What those in the SEC forget is  that the Big East has built from players from Florida and are just as fast as those SEC teams. Simply put the teams  of the Big East knew they weren't competing with Penn State, Ohio State, Tennessee for the midwestern heavyweights. Instead most teams have used these fast indersized players to outrun these big guys.

Clearly the SEC and Big East are the two fastest conferences in the country With outside exceptions for USC, oregons, etc.

USF  just showed that the BE has JUST as much speed as the  SEC which is why we've created a strong conference

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Speed kills and we have a ton of it  ;D

• Content Count:  4,642

No question as far as speed. I buy the SEC speed theory, ask Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech if it exists. What those in the SEC forget is  that the Big East has built from players from Florida and are just as fast as those SEC teams. Simply put the teams  of the Big East knew they weren't competing with Penn State, Ohio State, Tennessee for the midwestern heavyweights. Instead most teams have used these fast indersized players to outrun these big guys.

Clearly the SEC and Big East are the two fastest conferences in the country With outside exceptions for USC, oregons, etc.

USF  just showed that the BE has JUST as much speed as the  SEC which is why we've created a strong conference

good points

Archived