• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Front Page of CNNSI.com College Football Section...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Just when I thought I had no more tears of joy to shed...that's just beautiful...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/2007/09/five-things-we-learned-this-weekend_09.html

Five Things We Learned This Weekend

Because I’ve already noted what we learned Saturday about Michigan’s demise and LSU’s offensive explosion, I will not be touching those subjects here. As for the rest of college football ...

1) That the state of Florida’s second-best program is the one in ... Tampa? When last week’s Power Rankings came out, I received an instant message from a Miami-loving friend that read: "Dude ... South Florida? Seriously?" I’ve been receiving similar e-mails from both ‘Canes and FSU fans since the day I first dubbed USF a Top 25 team nearly eight months ago. Their bewilderment is understandable. After all, Miami won the first of its five national titles back in 1983. FSU first became a top-five fixture a few years later. Meanwhile, USF’s program didn’t even exist until 1997. Of the three, however, only Jim Leavitt’s Bulls will be among the ranked this week after they walked into Jordan-Hare Stadium -- the same venue where national champion Florida suffered its only defeat last year – and came away with a 26-23 overtime victory (despite missing four field goals). It was USF’s third victory over a ranked foe in the past three years.

Top to bottom, the ‘Noles and ‘Canes still have the more talented rosters than the Bulls, but they’re still missing at least one key ingredient: a quality quarterback, which USF has in sophomore Matt Grothe. The two traditional powers obviously have some deeper problems than that, however. FSU -- as has become its custom in recent years -- fell behind 17-3 early before eventually beating UAB (3-9 last year) 34-24, while Miami suffered its most lopsided defeat (51-13 to Oklahoma) in nine years. At least the ‘Noles showed some progress offensively, piling up 520 yards on the Blazers. It’s going to be another long year for the ‘Canes’ offense, however, so long as Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman are the only options under center. Meanwhile, for all the hype out FSU’s showdown with Alabama in Jacksonville on Sept. 28, there’s suddenly a much bigger game taking place in the state the night before: West Virginia at USF.

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Also, check out this update: (very bottom of article)

Update: Somehow, USF did NOT join the realm of the "ranked" this week, coming in 26th in the AP poll. Apparently, Texas A&M's triple-overtime home victory over Fresno State was more impressive.

Nice

• Content Count:  1,532

Also, check out this update: (very bottom of article)

Update: Somehow, USF did NOT join the realm of the "ranked" this week, coming in 26th in the AP poll. Apparently, Texas A&M's triple-overtime home victory over Fresno State was more impressive.

Nice

Yeah, what BS.  At least SI likes us...

• Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Love the love but whoever wrote the caption is an idiot. Coach is not giving a #1 sign, he is giving the :gobulls.  Great job Stewart but caption writer clean up your act.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Love the love but whoever wrote the caption is an idiot. Coach is not giving a #1 sign, he is giving the :gobulls.  Great job Stewart but caption writer clean up your act.

"It was at a funny angle" -Tyrone-

• Content Count:  1,165

Hahaha, that's the first thing I noticed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

t25.sfla.ap.jpg

they have one shot from every top twenty five game--- here's the one for ours

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/cfb.top25.week2/content.15.html

• Content Count:  1,457

Now we have a good week off to let it digest and get ready for the competition to bring the house against the  Bulls.  We prefer to repossess each teams place - just ask Auburn - We have two fields already this year....

Archived