• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a Sad Facebook Group

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

give him a break! we still won the game.

look he's only a sophmore he was probably extremely nervous and this was an extremely hard enviroment to play in.

the worst thing he needs is fans torturing him.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

We need him..  for punt..  let him another chance to kick some FGs... remember ex-auburn kicker situation in few years ago.. he missed FGs against Tenn or UF  I cant remember..

• Content Count:  1

Truth of the matter is..we have another kicker capable of doing the job when the pressure is up. Alvarodo did a great job punting, and I agree that we don't need to trash him for missing the ones he did. He's young, and we need to support him. BUT..what about Justin Teachey? We left him on the bench. Why couldn't we give him a shot at it after the second miss? Teachey has proven his abilities countless times on kickoffs and punts. The boy has got a leg! Give him a chance to earn that scholarship he just got.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

but still. how can you miss from the 4 yard line? honestly...

We snapped the ball from 3 yds into the endzone?

sure the pressure of almost 83k people is rediculous, but how many times do you practice something like that?

Never, we don't have a practice field with room for 83K to watch...

seriously now, how can i go out and try to kick for us? its been a while since ive done it, but i have a REAL good soccer background and have a good leg and foot, they have open tryouts and stuff in the spring dont they?

I don't think you even need to tryout. Just call CJL and tell him you have a REAL good soccer background along with a good leg and foot...... Be sure you stress the REAL good, not just good, part.  I'm sure he'll find room for you.

• Content Count:  5,241

Truth is, if He kicked one or two of those kicks straight, there wouldve been more than 1 blocked kick.

I hated him more than anyone else in that 4th quarter, but now that the adrenaline is starting to wear off, Im willing to give him a second chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

the angle of the kicks was the difficult part.

make a goal post with your fingers facing directly in front of you.. now move slightly to the left or right--- the target zone gets smaller

this is why Auburn refused the delay of game penalty-- we were at dang near maximum for the short chip shot type of stuff...... and that place is simply deafening.

He was probably more upset about the misses than the fans. cut the dude some slack for two reasons:

scoreboard...

img1390lb5.jpg

and how he felt after he finally made the first one

img1255im8.jpg

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Unacceptable way to express your displeasure with our kicker.  Hopefully the game will help us attract some good kickers seeing as PT is inevitable for anyone who can make a good percentage from 45yds and in. 

• Content Count:  5,241

Who else felt like crying after cheering and laughing hysterically and saw the scoreboard?

• Content Count:  2,307

I don't like putting our players down at all, but man...had he made those we wouldn't have gone into overtime.  The game was great.  The defense kept  making big plays and we couldn't score off them...I think Delvert needs to kick A LOT of FG's in practice... A LOT.

On other news...I made a group also, but it's a positive one.  "I was there when USF beat Auburn in Auburn is the name".

• Content Count:  15

"ALVARADO SUCKS!!! USF NEEDS A NEW KICKER!!!" is the name of the group.

USF comes  away with such a great win... a win for all time, and all we can do is put down the kicker like that? I have to say, that's a shame. We need to be more supportive of the players... come good or bad news.

Yeah UCF had the same thing occur when Matt Prater missed the extra point in OT during the Hawaii bowl a few years ago.  He got a lot of horrible comments.  Students can suck sometimes.

Nice win, even though it makes me want to puke.

Archived