• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a Sad Facebook Group

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

"ALVARADO SUCKS!!! USF NEEDS A NEW KICKER!!!" is the name of the group.

USF comes  away with such a great win... a win for all time, and all we can do is put down the kicker like that? I have to say, that's a shame. We need to be more supportive of the players... come good or bad news.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Yay the heat is off me for this week.

Anyway, I wish USF could find a new kicker but Alvarado did hit 2 field goals in the fourth quarter. If he misses one of those we don't even get to overtime so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish Benzer was still around though, Alvarado is a better punter than he is a kicker.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

I'll try not to spend anymore time on this subject ...

The fact is that we don't have a better kicker, bashing a player that is doing the best he can is sad. Those that bash any player wouldn't even make the team to do anything close to what they can accomplish.

Be upset, but send a note to Leavitt.

Silly, because with their reasoning they should be more upset with the players we have that can't start ...

Don't understand some people's reasoning with college athletes.

:-[

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I'll try not to spend anymore time on this subject ...

The fact is that we don't have a better kicker, bashing a player that is doing the best he can is sad. Those that bash any player wouldn't even make the team to do anything close to what they can accomplish.

Be upset, but send a note to Leavitt.

Silly, because with their reasoning they should be more upset with the players we have that can't start ...

Don't understand some people's reasoning with college athletes.

:-[

Go BULLS !!!

Agree, Alvarado had some great punts last night.  Hitting that last field goal must have been hard considering he was 1 - 5 coming into the kick.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Anyway, I wish USF could find a new kicker but Alvarado did hit 2 field goals in the fourth quarter. If he misses one of those we don't even get to overtime so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly... that fg in the last minute of the game was phenomenal considering the circumstances and the amount of pressure he must have felt. That Facebook bs is further proof that some of our fan base needs to grow up to catch up with the football program. Do you thing ANY other major college football program would have something like that started by one of their fans after a freaking WIN of that magnitude?

Guest Sprtsfn627

If the offense gets the job done and punches it in the end zone, Alvarado doesn't even have to kick it.  Not that I was displeased with the offense, they went up against a tough D in Auburn.  Just saying.

• Content Count:  113

Yay the heat is off me for this week.

Anyway, I wish USF could find a new kicker but Alvarado did hit 2 field goals in the fourth quarter. If he misses one of those we don't even get to overtime so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish Benzer was still around though, Alvarado is a better punter than he is a kicker.

if Benzer was still on the team he would have been 0/6. give Alvarado a break, he's young and was in a hostile enviroment. the people dissing him would not have done any better.

• Content Count:  2

but still. how can you miss from the 4 yard line? honestly...

sure the pressure of almost 83k people is rediculous, but how many times do you practice something like that?

seriously now, how can i go out and try to kick for us? its been a while since ive done it, but i have a REAL good soccer background and have a good leg and foot, they have open tryouts and stuff in the spring dont they?

• Content Count:  1,911

seriously now, how can i go out and try to kick for us? its been a while since ive done it, but i have a REAL good soccer background and have a good leg and foot, they have open tryouts and stuff in the spring dont they?

I'd give you a tryout. 

Archived