• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOW IS AUBURN STILL AHEAD OF US IN COACHES POLL???

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

that is just wrong.

we should be ranked

but who care we just need to take care of business

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743

yeah, i just saw that and its a major snub. Coaches aren't ready to give the respect of a quality team.

• Content Count:  349

Does every D1A coach vote in the "Coaches Poll." I don't think so... I think that's a sham that it's 1/3 of the BCS...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

A lot of coaches cast their ballots before game was over, hence the split votes between AU and USF.

Is this really true?  I know a lot of them vote (or have their SID vote for them) based on reputation, conference allegience, etc., but it is just plain wrong for the BCS/USA Today/NCAA or whomever to accept a ballot that was not totally cast after all the games are over.

• Content Count:  695

And this is why the BCS system has had trouble working in the past, because of the coaches poll. It's ironic how the AP, which in my opinion was always the better poll is the poll that doesn't count towards the BCS anymore. Instead we got coaching politics going on. Like remember that year where Texas got to the Rose Bowl despite being way behind Cal the week before? I bet Mack Brown probably voted Texas really high, and voted Cal really low.

It doesn't really matter though because guess what if USF goes 12-0 and Auburn goes 11-1 and USF beat Auburn at home there is no way anyone in their right mind could rank USF below Auburn with a straight face.

• Content Count:  16

You guys should be in the Top 25 in the new AP poll.......Really, I thought yall were already ranked in the AP.  I know it was one of the polls, anyway, I hope the players keep their focus and not let this Big win cloud it against a fairly decent NC squad.  If the players go out and take care of business against UNC and beat them pretty soundly, then you guys will definately be voted in the Top 25-20.  It just seems to me that the voters in the AP and Coaches polls are waiting to see if the USF Bulls are for real or not.  I know that a win over UWV, UL, or Rutgers will look better than a win over my Auburn Tigers (most of the 120 DI teams could've beaten us last night....I'm not trying to take anything away from you guys, but it's the truth).  If your kicker hadn't missed most of his FGs, it would've been a Slaughter out there.....Again, your Bulls need to just take care of their business and it will all work out in the end.  War Eagle and Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  330

The AP poll has USF at 26, Auburn isn't ahead of us..

Others receiving votes: South Florida 220, Missouri 144, Alabama 116, Washington 95, TCU 66, Arizona St. 28, Auburn 23, Appalachian St. 19, Cincinnati 12, Florida St. 2, Iowa 1, Kansas 1, Purdue 1.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/appoll.htm

I guess when USF earns a top 25 ranking, is when they beat the #4 team.. :gobulls

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well lets see your a coach/SID and you've bnn up since about 5am on Sat. Your ballot is due at 9am on Sunday and its currently midnight after working a 14-15 hour day. Sunday is your only day off (somewhat) sleep in from your 80 hour work week.

Do you really think staying up so you can be sure to rank two teams in the lower top 25 correctly?

Its week 2. We beat f'n Auburn. I really could give a shi+ if we're ranked at this point. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder if Spurrier still voted for Duke...

Archived