• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Importance of the Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think it is extremely important we either win or make this game real close.  If we lose and it's not a contest, I think the perception of our program gets set back a couple of years ( not the program itself, but the perception and ability of us to be considered a top tier program like the emergence of Rutgers).

We had our chance 2 years ago after beating UL.  Then we fell flat on our face against Miami.  We beat WV.  Now we need confirmation that we are more than a fluke.  We don't get another shot at another OOC top tier program (unless it's a bowl game) until 2009.

I think if we don't win today, we will need to go undefeated the rest of the year to gain real national respect. 

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Cincinnati is already starting to gain some of the respect that USF was shown in the preseason.  At worst, USF need to keep this close.  Hope the O-Line holds up with no more injuries!

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is extremely important we either win or make this game real close.  If we lose and it's not a contest, I think the perception of our program gets set back a couple of years ( not the program itself, but the perception and ability of us to be considered a top tier program like the emergence of Rutgers).

We had our chance 2 years ago after beating UL.  Then we fell flat on our face against Miami.  We beat WV.  Now we need confirmation that we are more than a fluke.  We don't get another shot at another OOC top tier program (unless it's a bowl game) until 2009.

I think if we don't win today, we will need to go undefeated the rest of the year to gain real national respect. 

Archived