• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

week night big east games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I like the fact that there have been a lot of Big East games on Thursday nights because I get to watch them all… and I do think that it gives the Big East a lot of media coverage.  However, with there being 2 Big East teams playing last night, and another one (Rutgers) playing tonight… I’m a little afraid that the Big East is quickly going to get a reputation as being a “week night football conference†and not on a Saturday conference like most teams play.

Just want to get others opinions on this..

• Content Count:  12,293

well the SEC had a week night match up already, and have a few others scheduled....same with the ACC.

i dont think it changes peoples opinions too much.  if anything, just helps with some more exposure.

• Content Count:  1,013

I think the exposure is great.  Especially when the BE teams dominate

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

All that matters is that the teams play well on national TV.  People remember that.

• Content Count:  5,691

I like the Thursday night games as i think a lot of pople watch...but i think fri nights are a different animal. beginning of the weekend...people heading out to dinner or wherever and not paying attention unless it's their team playing.

• Content Count:  349

I like the Thursday night games as i think a lot of pople watch...but i think fri nights are a different animal. beginning of the weekend...people heading out to dinner or wherever and not paying attention unless it's their team playing.

And going to High School Football games? I don't like Friday nite College games at all. I remember a few years back when FSU and Miami were rained out, so they rescheduled for a Friday and the Florida High School Athletic Association raised a huge stink about it, especially since FSU and Miami get most of their rosters from Florida High Schools.

Archived