• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another possible obstacle to a ranked USF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think this is perfectly fine. If you're going to allow I-A teams to play I-AA teams, then there is not reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get ranked. You don't like it? Then you shouldn't advocate these "cupcake" games.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think this is perfectly fine. If you're going to allow I-A teams to play I-AA teams, then there is not reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get ranked. You don't like it? Then you shouldn't advocate these "cupcake" games.

No they shouldn't because they play Div II teams the rest of the season.  Why should they take a spot away from a team that has to play a Div 1a schedule for the WHOLE season not just one game.  The recognition in the media they will get the rest of the year should be reward enough seeing as no one would talk about them if they would have lost that game.  Lets not forget the $500,000 they get for playing that game either.  It was a great upset but i think people are getting carried away, much like after the Boise State win. 

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

No they shouldn't because they play Div II teams the rest of the season.  Why should they take a spot away from a team that has to play a Div 1a schedule for the WHOLE season not just one game.  The recognition in the media they will get the rest of the year should be reward enough seeing as no one would talk about them if they would have lost that game.  Lets not forget the $500,000 they get for playing that game either.  It was a great upset but i think people are getting carried away, much like after the Boise State win. 

They play in division 1, not division 2. If the NCAA allows them to play each other, then I see no reason why they can't be considered for ranking. Just because they go undefeated in I-AA does not mean they are going to be the best team in the country, but why deny them a chance.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They play in division 1, not division 2. If the NCAA allows them to play each other, then I see no reason why they can't be considered for ranking. Just because they go undefeated in I-AA does not mean they are going to be the best team in the country, but why deny them a chance.

If they want to run with the big boys move up.  They have a separate crown and poll so why should they be included in 1a's?  They are getting enough of a reward for the victory for the media coverage im sure they will get all year and the 1/2 a mill UM payed them to come up there and upset them, and not to mention a HUGE  boost for their recruiting class this year. 

• Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I can't pretend I care if they get votes.  I just can't.  Outside of the top 2-3 spots used for NC consideration and the top 12 (or whatever in the case of exceptions) used for the BCS, rankings are garbage.  Actually, rankings are always garbage, and people place huge amounts of weight on preconceived notions as to who is good and who isn't.  THERE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A PRESEASON POLL.  There probably shouldn't be any poll taken until 6-8 weeks into the season or more.  Fabricating who is good and who isn't is a waste of time...except that it lets certain overrated teams hold a lead over superior teams for the mere reason they started higher!

On a side note, when new orleans punted on 4th and 1 down by 17 in the 4th quarter, I turned the game back to the end of cincy's blowout over OSU.  Punting there is idiotic and proved that not only was the game over, but it was over earlier than it had to be because Sean Payton didn't feel like trying apparently.  Way to be, coach.  Go lead the saints back to being the aints.

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Agree that this is crap ... it won't matter, but it's just stupid.

Agreed..

Archived