• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking for SEC Kool-Aid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know where I can get the kool-aid they are drinking on the AU Nation board? SEC fans are delusional about how great their teams and conference are. They have absolutly NO idea what is about to hit them on Saturday.

• Content Count:  23

There are some of those in every fan base.  Since USF has made no attempt to fly under the radar, most Auburn fans, and especially the team, knows very well that USF is a team that could upset us if we overlook you guys.

We will be ready, and I think that's what most Auburn fans are counting on.

• Content Count:  5,691

they are favored by a TD at home at night where they dont lose very often

they should be confident

if the shoe were on the other foot our fans would also be confident

that being said we have a shot if we play up to our abilities...

• Content Count:  157

They struggled vs a K-State team that is not very good. That same team got beat by 3 td's last year by Rutgers who we lost to by 2 (in reality we should have at least taken to overtime). There is nothing that you can say to me that makes be believe that we will get beat like they are confidently suggesting.

Also I just think that SEC fans are delusional. They have 12 teams and only 2 are really good, 3 (and I think 3 in generous, maybe only 2) middle of the road.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

There are some of those in every fan base.  Since USF has made no attempt to fly under the radar, most Auburn fans, and especially the team, knows very well that USF is a team that could upset us if we overlook you guys.

We will be ready, and I think that's what most Auburn fans are counting on.

USF has made no attempt to fly on the radar either.  The preseason hype coming from sports writers and commentators talking about a USF upset of Auburn or WVU is not coming out of USF.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Does anyone know where I can get the kool-aid they are drinking on the AU Nation board? SEC fans are delusional about how great their teams and conference are. They have absolutly NO idea what is about to hit them on Saturday.

Auburn was 11 - 2 last year with victories over the National Champions, Alabama, and Nebraska just to name a few.  I think most USF fans would be a bit over confident if that was our record last year.

• Content Count:  134

After looking at it from your point of view, I can see how it appears that Auburn is "overconfident" about saturday night.  In reality, it may be more of wishful thinking on a lot of fans parts.  The reason I say that is, ever since the LSU game of last year.  We have been in some really bad offensive slump.  We have the players, depth and the talent.  I personally am getting tired of that saying "not firing on all cylinders."  Right now, we're in a Yugo with about 135,000 miles on it. 

The best way I can describe it is going out, having a great time, but when you come back the car, it just won't crank and you're in a bad neighborhood....and it's late.  And you're trying to figure out if the **** thing is flooded, did I get bad gas at the service station, did I leave my lights on?  And right before you get mugged or raped, the thing turns over and you barely get it home.  Go to bed and pray it don't happen again, but it does.

As far as K-State not being any good, I dunno if they are or not.  They've only played one game.  I want to think that they will be before the season ends, in fact if 1A teams could play 1AA teams in a bowl, I believe K-State might be able to pull off a win against Elon in the My Little Pony Bowl presented by Hasbro.

But everyone making the trip up, please drive safe and be careful.  Watch out for the GA troopers.  Hope you all have a great time, enjoy the atmosphere and hope we have a well played game with no injuries or penalties for both teams.

War Eagle.

• Content Count:  1,633

Also I just think that SEC fans are delusional. They have 12 teams and only 2 are really good, 3 (and I think 3 in generous, maybe only 2) middle of the road.

Apparently, he has been drinking out of the SEC kool-aid too....

I bleed green and gold, but I know that there is none tougher than the SEC...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As far as K-State not being any good, I dunno if they are or not.  They've only played one game.  I want to think that they will be before the season ends, in fact if 1A teams could play 1AA teams in a bowl, I believe K-State might be able to pull off a win against Elon in the My Little Pony Bowl presented by Hasbro.

That is just funny.  ;D

• Content Count:  695

There will probably be a My Little Pony bowl sooner than you think, but still that was creative and funny.

As for the SEC, they are the best conference in the nation. If LSU and USC played head to head in the title game it would be a close hard fought game, so basically i'm saying the SEC's best team may be one of the nation's best. Florida is coming off a national title and while they might lose a few games this year, starting next year they will begin a run where they are among the nation's elite teams each year and win a few national titles over that stretch. Georgia won their last 3 games last year against quality teams, and had no trouble with an Oklahoma State team that is actually pretty good. Tennessee looked bad last week but they are still a good team. South Carolina has the pieces in place to finally be a serious threat under Spurrier. Arkansas has the most dangerous RB combo in the nation. Alabama is flying under the radar but should actually be pretty good this year. I mean hell, even Kentucky is good. They have the SEC's best QB, and one of the best RBs, and wideout.

So there is no reason not to think that the SEC is good.

Archived