• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Plancher???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Leavitt also said RB Moise Plancher, whose ankle injury kept him out of the season opener, will not play at Auburn. Leavitt indicated Plancher probably would not have played even if he was healthy. Could this be a sign the rotation at running back is shrinking?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I hope the rotation is shrinking.

I'd love to see Mike Ford get 25 carries per game.

Did you see the way he initiates the contact instead of bracing for it??

He's a VICIOUS runner.  He's the type that will make defensive players tire of trying to hit him as the games wears on.

Keep one or two others around to give him a breather and for certain situations, but he needs to be "THE" guy.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I feel bad for Plancher, but that's another good sign for USF.  If he's gone from #1 to #5, the coaches must really like the new guys.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We will need Plancher for depth.  A Football season is a long time, one RB won't be able to play the whole season, every game.

• Content Count:  695

I think it's a mistake letting Plancher get away, he's a really talented guy. Why can't the Bulls just make Ford the starter, and Plancher a backup that gets significant playing time? If they don't he'll just transfer and go become a pretty good starter elsewhere and we'll be stuck with a bunch of role players like Ben Williams.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We have Ford and Jamar Taylor AND Aston Samuels for the next 4 years... if Plancher were to leave, it wouldn't be THAT big a deal.  I wouldn't want to see it, as I think Plancher is good enough to at least contribute, but with those 3 aforementioned backs, we are in good hands.

• Content Count:  1,260

I think it's a mistake letting Plancher get away, he's a really talented guy. Why can't the Bulls just make Ford the starter, and Plancher a backup that gets significant playing time? If they don't he'll just transfer and go become a pretty good starter elsewhere and we'll be stuck with a bunch of role players like Ben Williams.

Right...and if Plancher gets sig time...what about Taylor or Samuels? As for ben Williams, if I remember correctly he was the MVP of our bowl game...not too bad for a "role player". He bailed this program out big time last year.

If Plancher was that good, I doubt the coaches would intentionally keep him on the bench. He could eventually change positions and still be productive like alot of other guys on the team...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We have Ford and Jamar Taylor AND Aston Samuels for the next 4 years... if Plancher were to leave, it wouldn't be THAT big a deal.  I wouldn't want to see it, as I think Plancher is good enough to at least contribute, but with those 3 aforementioned backs, we are in good hands.

Not to mention Richard Kelly, and whoever else we sign in February... 

And Colby, Plancher hasn't transferred out of the program yet.  You might want to save that complaint until he actually does.

Archived