• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Add to your Go Bulls Playlist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

We would be adopting it from others:  From Wikipedia

Over the years, “Malagueña†has been performed numerous times by the University of Massachusetts Amherst Marching Band, and as such, has become one of the songs most identified with the group [2]. The University of Minnesota hockey pep band also plays the song after each home win by their men's hockey team. The Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps also often feature the song, and won their second DCI World Championship with a program including the work. Other Corps to perform the piece include the Boston Crusaders, The Cadets, and the Hawthorne Caballeros as well as the Hanover (PA) Lancers.

I did not know that...... s***!

• Content Count:  2,363

We would be adopting it from others:  From Wikipedia

Over the years, “Malagueña†has been performed numerous times by the University of Massachusetts Amherst Marching Band, and as such, has become one of the songs most identified with the group [2]. The University of Minnesota hockey pep band also plays the song after each home win by their men's hockey team. The Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps also often feature the song, and won their second DCI World Championship with a program including the work. Other Corps to perform the piece include the Boston Crusaders, The Cadets, and the Hawthorne Caballeros as well as the Hanover (PA) Lancers.

I wasn't necessarily saying we should play it... besides, we have already. '03 season it was in one of the field shows, I believe, and I remember the HOTDL would use the percussion portion of it for one of their 3rd quarter features. I was just showcasing that particular arrangement (I've actually got 18 versions from various bands, corps, etc.) because of the way it uses the portion that's just like The Bull.

• Content Count:  2,363

Actually, an idea I had about Malagueña posted last off-season on this board; the part about which I speak isn't in the version posted, but can be found in most band/corps arrangements. It's probably just as incomprehensible now as it is then, but I think it'd be cool:

I think it would be great if there were something ominous when our defense took the field. Alot of the good ones have been taken (Imperial March, O Fortuna, Night on Bald Mountain, Mars, Bacchanale from Samson and Delilah) but I think we could work with a theme taken from Malagueña. I wish I could sing/play the part I'm talking about, so I'll try online. Humor me--think about the break in Malagueña that leads out into the percussion accents at the following:

ONE (and two and three and) FOUR (and one and two and three) AND FOUR (and)/

(one and) TWO (and) THREE AND (four and one) AND (two) AND THREE!

OK, it doesn't look the best, but count through it, and if you speak drummer, you know what part I'm talking about. Consider that, with its accompanying horn parts, followed by laying with all your might on the following downbeat in the low brass especially with a bass drum/low tom/snares off roll. Lyrics could even be added, something to the effect of (on the above accents)

GO!... BULLS!... GO BULLS!/

...U-S F!... LET'S-GO BULLS!

Perhaps i'm optimistic that an entire student section, much less the entire stadium, could hit all those on beat, but imagine the effect of it! that is, if it was even legible/comprehensible. Sometimes, the internet isn't as great as it seems. :-P

Archived